Panic

//Just as before guys, I don't own these characters, they all belong to Empress_Aphmau

Zane's POV:

I woke up in the early hours of this morning from a bad dream, in a single, sharp jolt, my body was forced out of a comfortable dormancy and shifted into a state of panic.
My heart racing, my mind wandering to terrible and dark places seemingly against my will.
This being proceeded by a very uncomfortable couple of hours the night before when I was lying in bed attempting to get to sleep, but then again I simply couldn't because my heart was beating out of my chest, erratic breathing, unusual and unhealthy thought patterns that only made the condition worse and worse.
Continuing to shake, up until this moment, I grab my phone out from under my pillow and go onto messages I've had previously, scrolling through the message I began to breath even more rapidly.
My eyes land upon a certain message:
"I'm always here for you, Zane."
I gulp and scroll back down to current time, I shakily type in a few letters.
'Travis, I need help." I hesitantly send it to him, receiving an instant reply.
"Sure buddy, what's up?"
"I just woke up due to a horrible dream, I can't stop shaking, my anxiety is slowly becoming a daily struggle."
"Zane this is getting out of hand."
"I can't breath, Travis, this is a spiral which is progressively getting worse and worse. I don't understand why this is happening!"
"Anxiety has a lack of reasonable explanation or cause for why you feel the way you do. The awful thing about anxiety is that it's not reasonable, it defies logic, it is wrong, it's a thought process and a vicious cycle that is very hard to wrap your head around at first and only gets worse the more self aware about it you become."
"Travis...."
"You should never feel embarrassed or ashamed for something you have no control over wether it's a mental illness, your skin colour, your sexual preference, don't you let anyone EVER make you feel like you should be ashamed, guilty or embarrassed for that."
"You act like such a strange, annoying person around everyone else, but with me I feel like you're the most sincere you ever had been in your life."
"I can't help it Zane, I want to help you, the fact that you won't tell anyone else or go to a doctor is harrowing, I'm worried about it."
"You know what you said before about 'sexual preference', why did you bring that up?"
"I was just using it as an example, it doesn't mean anything."
"Of course it doesn't, thank you Travis, I'm going to try and win back my wasted hours where I could've been sleeping by sleeping."
"Goodnight/morning Zane."

I put my phone down, back under my pillow, thoughts whizzing through my head as I laid down again, hitting my head against my soft pillow grabbing my covers up to my mouth, covering the lower half of my face like I normally do with my mask.
I close my eyes with small tears dripping from my closed eyes, I frown and my lips begin to quiver, I begin to make small crying sounds to myself in the darkness of my own room, I open my eye, the one that works, and look around the room at all the surroundings, assuring myself that that everything is okay and nothing is wrong.
I stare at the black curtains covering the light outside, small shadows of light cascade through the curtains making me close my eyes again, trying to go to sleep, in which I am unable and fail in my attempts.
I grab my phone out from under my pillow again and quickly pull up my texts from Travis.
"I can't sleep, what do I do?"
"Wait in bed."
"What good will that do?" I stare at the screen of my phone as the message stays as just 'delivered' which made me shake even more, worrying about the only person who helps me.
I jump as the screen begins to dim down, the lights going out, making my room completely dark, I pull my covers over my head and I begin to cry before my phone lights up again, a new message:
"Answer the door."
I stand up, my legs feeling like jelly as I stumble towards my front door, I open the door slowly, rubbing my eyes as the sunlight hit me, I look away, hiding my eyes, shielding them from the light.
"Zane! Have you been crying?" Travis stepped in, closing the door behind him, I grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into my door, placing me into my own bed where a small puddle of tears had already formed, Travis noticed this and sighs, shaking his head slightly.
He pulled the blanket up over my body, over the lower half of my face, knowing the way that I enjoy my covers to be, I breathe in shakily and look up at Travis with my eyes, since my hair had flicked back due to bed head.
"Zane, your eye." I pointed it out, a begin to shake in fear that he is judging me, Travis squats down to my level, dropping a bag from target on the floor next to my bed, I feel something press against my hand, it's Travis' hand, he holds me gently before I stop shaking, I close my eyes and slowly drift off into deep sleep.

Travis' POV:

I stand up, slowly letting go of Zane's hand, making sure he wouldn't begin to shake again before I walk into his kitchen, carrying a small target bag with me.
I place the bag on the kitchen counter and begin to rummage through it, I place a box of vanilla ice cream in the fridge and pull out several bars of chocolate and place them on the desk, balancing them all on top of each other, making sure they all look fine and dandy.
"Perfecto~" I whisper and smile at the bars of chocolate, I grab a small lemon out of the bag and place it on the desk, after I pull out a small bottle of water.
I walk back into Zane's room with the bottle and place it on the bed side table as Zane's eyes flutter open.
"Sorry Zane, did I wake you? I brought you water." I whisper, Zane smiled and grabbed the bottle, flicking up the lid and downed half the bottle, he then flicks the lid back down and put it back on the table.
"Stay with me, will you Travis?" He asks, I nod simply, he moves up in his bed, over to the other side of the bed, I smile and take off my socks and jacket, placing them on the floor neatly before sitting down on the bed, staring over at the wall, I lean back, not too far to lean on Zane, holding myself up with my hands, I feel something warm on my hand and turn to see that Zane is holding my hand, I smile and turn back to the wall.
"Travis."
"Zane."
"Lay in bed, please."
"E-Excuse me?" I begin to blush madly, confused as to what Zane is asking me.
"I mean just lay next to me until I wake up next time."
I nod and pull up the blanket, laying down on the mattress, pulling the covers over me, I look at Zane and has closed his eyes, I nod happily and close my own eyes, slowly falling asleep along side with Zane.

//Thank you for reading~ I hope you enjoyed it, I don't know when the next chapter will be out but hopefully it is soon, I had a great time writing this.
~ Jake