She began running toward the sound of gathered snarls, and she soon reached the wolves as they chased the redhead. Allison panted heavily, stopping in place as the woman froze from her place in a tree. She saw the vampire's wild eyes set upon her, and she drew back the string to her bow.

Allison closed one eye, zeroing in on Victoria's chest. The redhead launched herself toward the Protector just as she released the arrow. The arrow hit her arm instead, and the ligament lit itself on fire.

Victoria paused, crouching and snarling at Allison furiously, before looking back toward her arm.

"Come on!" Allison screamed, her voice raw from the force of her shout. "Come on!" She held her bow in front of her, but Victoria rose to her feet and jumped to the other side of the treaty line as the silver wolf, Paul, lunged toward her.

Allison released her own snarl, watching the woman bounce between side to side. The Protector knew what she was doing, and she had to admit that it was smart. The vampire was using their weakness as her strength. She saw that the wolves and the vampires were incapable of working together, and she used that to her advantage. She jumped from one side of the treaty, to another, knowing that neither species could follow her.

The brunette ran back to the edge of the cliff, and pushed herself harshly off. Her hands connected with the edge of the other cliff, and her bow landed a little ways away from her.

Victoria, seeing the girl's moment of weakness, darted back toward her. She was intercepted by the Cullens, however, and smiled as they followed her right to Allison.

The girl was rising to her feet just as she saw the blurring figure rushing toward her. She had no time to grab her bow, and instead darted out of the way. Victoria followed her movements, and Allison kicked her leg high and managed to smack the redhead in the head.

She snarled, snapping her teeth at Allison. The girl dodged her bites, grabbing one of Victoria's arms and swinging her around. She released the woman, watching her soar through the air.

The redhead landed gracefully on the other side, and she sent Allison one lash vengeful look before she ran into the forest.

"Emmett, no!" Rosalie shouted, just before Allison saw the burly vampire jump into the river that separated the species. The girl's eyes widened as Paul bounded forward and snarled at the vampire.

Allison scrambled for her bow, pulling it to her as Emmett snarled in return. She slid an arrow into the bow, and pulled back. The arrow flew toward the two, landing smack in the middle of them. As the arrow met its target, a shrill sound reached all of the supernaturals' ears, and sent them to their knees.

The Protector stood tall, glaring down at the two in the river. She waited for them to regain their senses and look back to her. When they did, she held her bow out threateningly to them.

"I won't watch my brothers fight, so both of you need to walk away."

The two made no real move to leave, and Allison rose her voice. "Walk away, or I send an arrow into each of you!"

Paul didn't need any more prompting, and he scurried away after sending a small whine to Allison. She offered him a tense smile, and watched as Emmett clambered up the cliff.

"Damn," The large vampire teased. "I've never seen you in action before, but I seen now that you really are as badass as Jasper says you are."

***

Allison furrowed her eyebrows, looking out the window of her truck at the two boys standing side by side at the entrance of the school. The girl leaned back in her seat, biting the corner of her lip in thought. She racked her brain for reasons why Paul and Jacob would be there, before she came to a conclusion that it must be about Emmett crossing onto their land.