Black beauty

Waking early the next morning, Keely made her way downstairs and had breakfast with Mary again. The lady from the dress shop, Karen had told Keely she didn't need to start work until Wednesday so Keely decided to take another walk to keep herself busy.

As she was walking she spotted a beautiful black horse, Keely slowly made her way towards the horse "hello" she said softly, as she admired the horse she begin stroking it's back "aren't you just a black beauty?" She smiled at the horse. A voice called out, starling Keely "black beauty suits her" Keely turned to see a bald man smiling at her from behind the horse, "oh I'm so sorry" Keely spoke "is this your horse?" "No no it's Tommy, yeah yeah Tommy's" he smiled, "oh well, she is a beautiful horse. Is she a racer?" She smiled towards the man, "she will soon" he smiled whilst patting the horse, Keely smiled "well I must be on my way" she smiled, "what is your name?" "Curly" he smiled whilst looking at the ground, "well it was nice to meet you curly, I'm Keely" she extended her hand towards him. He kindly shook her hand "nice to meet you too miss" he smiled.

As Keely walked away she couldn't help but smile at the thought of the kind man, she also thought about the beautiful horse and how her mother use to tell her stories about black beauty. She also began to think about why this man Tommy seemed to be so important around here.

Making her way back to Marys, she decided to have an early night as her first day at the dress shop was in the morning.