Wings from a sparrow

You where young. At the age of 8 you just did anything that came naturally and had the mind of someone the at the age of 15. Still barely smart, you where still sociable. But you often followed your sister, Almost like an instinct really.

At one point you brought your friends over to see all the art that you made ever since you've learned you had a skill to draw. You didn't notice your sisters jealousy around the time, so instead of talking to you about it she instead decided to take the attention of your friends. It was hardly noticeable at the beginning.

Everytime you showed something, she'd show something better or offer something sweet and ban you from it. From there you began to feel left out, lonely and forgotten. Everyday she'd come in and out of the house all the people you once called friends where now hers and hers only. You didn't know how jealousy could break something that has already been shattered.

*Beep Beep Beep*

Yeah, you where young but got a phone before the passing of your parents. You didn't plan on throwing this away anytime soon.

------------------------
June 16, 2013
12:37AM
71° in Bolder
------------------------

It was late out and you where sitting on the window sill. "I guess...since I'm alone maybe I could go visit Grandma at Woodcrest..." You sighed. You looked behind you, at the letter you left at your bed. You held your bag tightly and jumped out of the window sill as if it where the usual.

Running, you laughed. At the time the idea seemed magnificent. You had money in your bag alone with some food and water if you needed it and a change of clothes. Something someone you knew would least expect you to wear.

Running to a bus stop going to woodcrest, you sit silently thinking about the new life you could make out there. Honestly you knew that your grandmother was very observant but you would handle it even if she was also nosey. "15 minutes?...it took 12 minutes and 57 seconds to get here so....2:02 minutes until it comes by again, so late at night as well. Hope the girl I once called sister doesn't notice me gone." You continue talking to your self until you notice a bus coming up. You stood up and waited until it was stopped in front of you.

You smile and wave at the man as you get inside, paying 1.25 into the machine you take a seat near a window. "I wonder how I'll end up later in life..." You mumble under your breath.

------------------------
7 hour ride there
------------------------

You wake up with a jolt by the bus driver. "Hey kid we're at your stop" he said. His disgusting smelling breath hit your face like a brick. You didn't mention it and nodded "thank you" you said as you walked out of the bus.

You take a good look around the place smelling its familiar sent. You tiredly walked down the street growling to your self about the booming music across the street and gun shots. Walking slowly you didn't notice a swerving car coming at you. "Move outta da way nigga!" Yelled what sounded to be a little kid. What followed after was another one "look out!" You where shoved onto the floor, so tired you only leaned on one arm trying to get the energy to get up again.

"Are you okay" asked a very monotone voice. You look up and nod. It was a kid about your age, but another race.

(Hopefully no offense, if your the same race then cross that out)

He had a very familiar face though. You get up ignoring the hand he held out for you, you tripped again but he grabbed you from the back of your collar. "I'm Huey by the way--" "ay! Yous a bitch fo gettin in my way! I was so close to gettin the gangster chain until you came a fucked it up" he exclaimed.

You hardly had your eyes open "and...and I'm (y/n)...(L......" Your vision faded to black as you felt your body fall again.