Raiden teleports away in a flash of lightning. I sigh and prepare to resume Kata only to find Kitana walking toward me "oh shit" I mutter. She attacks immediately, but I block all of her attacks and kick her away. She tries again, fails to land a good hit and I kick her away again. Getting angry, Kitana tries another attack, but I grab both her arms before she can connect. I throw her off making her land on the ground "Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you!" I yell surprising her but as quickly as the surprised look appeared on her face it disappeared. She assumes fighting stance "alright have it your way" I growl launching at her 'in the game she always waits when she throws her fans' I land a blow on her left leg and jump back as she throws a punch then manages to land a kick on my left arm and a punch in the face, I jump back holding my arm "not bad" I commented "you're pretty well trained yourself!" she exclaimed this goes on for about 20 minutes then she yells throwing her fans 'now!' time slowed down to me as I caught the fans and throw them back at her cutting her arms deeply. She cried out in pain which gave me the chance to take out her legs out she kneels in defeat.

"that was fun" I said sarcastically walking to her. "Do it" she said confusing me "do what?" "Kill me" "why?" "I came to kill you. I have failed my father. My emperor" "you're joking. That's no reason to die" "I have disgraced him. You must kill me" I pinched the bridge of my nose "what is it with you people and dying for honour!?! Man and I thought my world was fucked up" she looked up at me in surprise "look go get yourself cleaned up and we'll both pretend you never found me that way this battle never happened ok?" I said offering a smile. I walk off to find Liu Kang and Raiden.

TIMESKIP

I arrive at the exterior courtyard at night where everyone is waiting 'ok, (name), now think who were you supposed to battle?' I took a deep breath and stood by my friends "Kombatants! Only one Earthrealm warrior remains" Shang Tsung announces I look to my friends and they smile nodding at me when I notice that Bi-Han is missing "where's Sub-Zero?" I asked they all frown and I already know what that means "who" I demand Johnny steps forward and hands me something. It's Sub-Zero's wrist guards "sorry doll, but Quan Chi and Scorpion got the drop on him" he said sadly.

I put the guards on my own wrists and adjust them to fit me. The cold air starts to come out of it 'Bi-Han, I shall avenge you' "he said he cared for you deeply" Johnny said smiling I smile sadly back and walk to the fighting grounds. "I'm ready!" "The Earth bound child (name) (last name). Is she ready to bear such a heavy burden? Earthrealm's fate is in her hands. Your opponent will be... Scorpion!" Shang Tsung said. Scorpion appears in a flash of fire he looks shocked "Lady (name) why are you here?" he asked worried "I'm your opponent now, traitor" he looks saddened by this then notices my wrist guards "do those belong to-" "to Bi-Han? Yeah they did" I growl "Fighting with Scorpion... the sorcerer Quan Chi!" Shang Tsung says as Quan Chi teleports through a portal, laughing as he does so.

"ooh I'm gonna enjoy kickin' your ass" I said smirking "you should have just fled child" Quan Chi said smirking "shut up and fight!" I growled. I fight scorpion while at the same time we talk "Lady (name). Why are you fighting?" he asked dodging my hits "because Liu Kang was defeated by Ermac. I'm not about to let Earthrealm die when I can help" I replied dodging his hits "but you are going to face creatures of great strength" "I know. *grunt* when I decided to be a fighter and try to protect Earthrealm I had only one reason to fight but now I have two" "two reasons?" "The first was to protect Earthrealm" "and the second?" "Avenge Sub-Zeros' death by beating the crap out of his murderers, Quan Chi!" I growled landing a blow on Scorpion "and you! You traitor! I warned you what would happen if you killed him and you ignored me! Now you will pay!" I scream landing one last hit on him knocking him out "I'm sorry, Hanzo, but you caused this" I said sadly.

'Ok let's see what these wrist guards can really do' Quan chi launches at me and punches me in the face. I stumble back dazed a bit but shake it off yet I seem to keep getting hit until I fall to the ground all bloodied "easier to hit than Sub-Zero I see" he taunted. Big mistake. "BASTARD!" I shriek as I throw a punch at him. Once my fist connects with him he freezes I pick up his frozen body and smash it on the ground and proceed to beat him senseless his blood splatters across my face with every punch "this is for my friends! *punch* this is for me! *punch* you twisted Hanzos' mind into thinking that Bi-Han was the cause of his families demise! *punch* when in reality you did it! *slam* you bastard! *punches and then a kick to the head rendering him unconscious then a kick in the nuts* and that was for killing Bi-Han!" I yell standing up breathing heavily and walked away to my friends. Johnny placed a hand on my shoulder "you ok?" he asked as I tear up "I would be better if Bi-Han were here" I replied when he pulls me into a hug and pets my hair then pulls back he wipes my tears away as well as some of the blood and smiles "there, ya know you look a lot prettier when you're not crying and *laughs* and covered in blood" I laugh a little and smile "thanks" I say "no problem" I turn to see Raiden standing behind me "lady (name), You have done well. But the tournament is not yet over" "I know Goro is next" Johnny looked confused "what's a Goro?" he asked "big ugly monster" I replied returning to the fighting ground "(name) (last name)... it has been years since an Earthrealm warrior has progressed this far. But the reigning champion is far beyond your ability. To the Lair with you!" Shang Tsung said.

3rd P.O.V

Tsung opens a portal under (name)'s feet. She falls right through it and lands hard on the floor of the Lair. It is in fact the prison Sonya fought through, and notably there is a large throne that has no one in it. (name) rises to her feet and looks around, spotting no one until a voice sounds out behind her.

"I did not expect to fight in this tournament"

(name) wheels around. She comes face to face with an eight foot tall, four armed humanoid. "or that I would have to fight a mere human girl" "I find that highly offensive you sexist prick" (name) growled in the leopard stance she learned from Kung Lao. "I will give you a warriors death, girl" Goro states smirking and they fight. The battle is the most intense of (name)'s life. Goro's strength is unparalled and his endurance legendary. It takes all of (name)'s luck and instincts to keep her alive in the fight, but amazingly she manages to take it to the Mortal Kombat champion. After what seems like an age, Goro finally goes down to the young girl.

"Never ever underestimate me buddy" (name) says straightening up. She takes a deep breath and looks at her wrist guards smiling sadly "Bi-Han, I pray you are alright and I promise to you your brother shall live as shall Smoke. *clenches fists* I refuse to let the cyber Initiative touch them" she says to herself. A portal opens up behind her. She looks to it with grim determination. In Shang Tsung's throne room, Raiden and the others await the arrival of the victor. (name)'s friends pray that she made it out alive. Shang Tsung sneers unhappily when he sees it is (name). He steps from his throne to the floor as Raiden takes in a deep breath in anticipation.

"Alright old man! This is it! Face me in mortal kombat!" (name) exclaims in leopard stance causing Kung Lao to blush a little knowing she was using a move he taught her. "Very well" Shang Tsung smirks shape shifting into (name) "oh this'll be fun" (name) smirked.

They fight. The evil sorcerer brings all of his dark magic to bear, from his fireballs to the ability to morph into any fighter he chooses. But (name) fights past all of it, delivering a vicious beat down to the treacherous servant of Shao Kahn. Finally, Kang knocks Tsung to the floor, leaving him beaten and kneeling.

"finally, now say it" (name) said ready to throw another punch "...I concede" Shang Tsung said begrudgingly. Her friends cheer for her "she has saved Earthrealm" Raiden says smiling. A large beam of light, emanating from a portal, descends into the throne room. The Earthrealm warriors all surround (name), offering her congratulations. "That was awesome, (name)!" Sonya said smiling "Congratulations young one" Nightwolf said "Way to go, kid." Jax complemented "MVP, baby" Johnny said patting her on the back.

Shang Tsung and his minions all take their leave through a portal back to Outworld. The last to depart is Kitana, who casts a longing look at (name). "hey Kitana! Do me a favour and tell your dad that not only did Shang Tsung get his ass kicked but also it was done by a girl who hasn't had a day of training in her life!" (name) exclaimed. Kitana nodded as she exits through the portal. (name) then turns to face Raiden, who bows his head in congratulations. (name) does the same. As Kung Lao puts a hand on her shoulder and (name) nods back, Raiden takes another look at his amulet expectantly... only to find more cracks appear among it. He ponders the meaning of this with a look of worry.

Back in Outworld, Shang Tsung is on his knees before Shao Kahn. Baraka, Reptile and Kitana stand over the sorcerer expectantly.

"You failed me! Five hundred years I have waited! Now I must wait five hundred more!" Shao Kahn yelled walking to his throne "I should have taken Earthrealm by force! But I am bound by their rules. Rules that cannot be broken" "that is not all may lord!" Kitana said catching her father's attention as he sat down "there is more news of his failure?" he asks "yes, the warrior who won the tournament was a human Earthrealm girl who, even said so herself, had not one day of training in her life" Shao Kahn's eyes grew wide in fury "YOU LET A HUMAN FEMALE DEFEAT YOU!?! AND WHAT'S MORE SHE WASN'T EVEN TRAINED IN ANY FORM OF FIGHTING?!?" he bellowed "My lord—" Shang Tsung tried to beg "Kill him!" Baraka and Reptile restrain Tsung as Kitana prepares her bladed fans "But what if the rules were changed?" Shang Tsung questioned catching his emperor's interest. Shao Kahn holds up his hand "Kitana" Kitana pauses "Continue" Shao Kahn says.

to be continued...