Chapter One

I, Melanie Davis, never knew that I'd become pregnant at just eighteen (18) years old, with no knowledge of who my child's father is and unemployed.

Having nowhere to live, I reside on the streets, the cold concrete a bed and my quivering arms a pillow.

I left home never to return in spite of how hard things would get.

I was too Stubborn.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Melanie Davis (mm)

Georgia born and raised, a true daughter of the South. Growing up, I never liked to depend on anyone. I liked the sense of independence that accompanied doing things for myself.

Growing up as the middle child was something I hated about my childhood. My brother is three years older than I am and he seemingly gets away with everything. He comes and goes as he wishes, he returns home late at night and every time the situation is handled in the same manner, he gets a lecture or promises to face severe consequences- promises that were never kept.

My sister on the other hand, is two years younger than I am, the baby of the family and nothing is ever her fault. She's Daddy's little girl so she get whatever she wants.

Sometimes I feel left out so I exclude myself from my family. They label me as the stubborn child but it was never that, I act out solely to grab my parents' attention but it never works, I am just yelled at and sent to my room. After a while I just got used to it and just started to do me, it was not as if they'd notice. They never do anyway.

As a result of my environment I was forced to grow up so quickly and to become an adult. I had gotten my first job when I was just fifteen, working at Publix. Looking back I realized that I really should've slowed down a bit, because maybe I wouldn't be facing this dilemma right now. But if I didn't you'd not be able to read my story and track my growth.

I'm Melanie Davis and I'm Stubborn.

Short but I'm just getting started.
Vote and comment please ❤.