"Damn girl, who showed you that?"

"My old foster moms best friends son." I replied. "We were hanging out in his backyard and then we ended up smoking a little, and he showed me that."

"When was that?"

"Probably around five years ago. I was eleven." I thought out loud, trying to remember when it was.

"That the first time you smoked?"

"Yeah, I was in sixth grade I think."

"I was around eleven when I smoked the first time too." He told me. "By the way, what grade are you going into?"

"I'll be a junior."

"Oh yeah? I am too." He told me. "Unless you were on honor roll or principals list at your old school, we might have a few classes together."

"Fuck no," I forced a laugh. "I've never got a grade above a C in my life. Except in Art, but that doesn't count. Also, are we almost there?"

"Actually we're here." He smirked.

I looked around. We were literally in an old alley. I quirked an eyebrow. "You didn't bring me here to rape and murder me, did you?" I joked.

He laughed. "No, I have something for you."

I raised an eyebrow again as we turned the corner and we stopped at an old trailer that looked abandoned. He squatted down and ripped the skirting off the side of it and pulled out a trash bag. He opened it and pulled out a stereo, which confused me quite a bit.

"What the fuck are you hiding a stereo underneath a trailer for?" I laughed.

He stood up, grabbing it by the handle. "I'm not aloud to have it in my house, I gotta keep it somewhere."

"So why am I involved in this?"

He held it up. "I want you to have it." He smiled.

I raised my eyebrows in shock. "Boy, you're a lot dumber than I thought you were." I scoffed.

"I know, right?" He smirked.

We ended up walking back to Kells' house later instead of mine. Even after all these years, I still didn't want to see my mom. Not like she was home anyway.

"Colson, I made you muffins if you want them." I heard a women say from another room when we walked in.

She quickly emerged and, in all honesty, she was beautiful. She had a kind face, and she sounded nice, but I could always be wrong.

"You brought a friend." She looked at me and smiled kindly.

"This is Kristiana." Kells introduced me.

"Call me Kris." I corrected. She grinned at me. She seemed nice.

After a minute of silence, Kells tapped my arm. "Come here, I got something for ya."

He started and I started right behind him. "Haven't I gotten enough gifts today?" I whined.

We stopped at a door and he opened it. "Not quite yet." He went inside and I followed.

I looked around while we've went over to his desk and grabbed some things from one of the drawers. His room was a little like mine. There was a Carmen Electra, Beyonce (she were both basically naked), Eminem, and a couple naked chicks posters. The bedspreads were black and white though. Nothing special. There was also a TV with and Xbox on the floor in the corner of the room.

"Here," I heard Kells say. I turned around and he was holding a few tapes. "You can't have a stereo without music."

I smiled as he handed me three different tapes. I didn't see what albums they were, but two were Nirvana and one was Blink 182. "This is amazing." My smile widened into a grin.

I went to pull him into a hug, both of us laughing when I couldn't reach his neck, so I grabbed him around his torso.

This may sound wierd, but I never noticed how good he smelled. He smells like weed and cologne. Both of which are my favorite smells. Jesus, I'm so wierd.

"Are you done smelling me yet?" Kells said, I could literally hear his smirk.

"No," I answered, sounding rather childlike. "You smell good."

"I do?" He sniggered. I nodded. After a minute, he pulled away, and squatted down like a foot and a half so he could be my height. I punched him in the chest and he stood back up. "Do you wanna watch a movie?" He suggested.

"What movie?"

He walked over to the TV and pulled out a stack of movies from behind it. "I have a couple Harry Potters, Spiderman, Nightmare on Elm Street, Shrek, Nemo, and Evil Dead."

"Okay, why do you have Harry Potter, Shrek and Nemo?" I laughed at him. I didn't expect that at all. I figured they'd be super hero movies, or scary movies.

"One, Harry Potter's badass, Shrek's hilarious, and Nemo's adorable." He said obviously.

I nodded. "Evil Dead."
-------------------------------------------

June 8, 2016