The Undead

CHAPTER 1: THE UNDEAD

One day I was going to work. I was heading to a international building for people that knows how to hack computers. As I was going to work I noticed this strange man walking with one arm."Sir, are you ok?" I said as the man started sprinting my way.

I turn around and start running as the man started to run at me. The man had blood running from his neck. The man was running faster than I was! Soon enough I was in the bathroom scared to death waiting for the strange man to go away. Suddenly the man found his way into the bathroom! "Go away you freak!" I said waiting for him to respond.

"Ahhhh" said the man smelling into the air.

"What do you want from me!" I said. Then, he went into the stall I was in. I walked out the stall and grabbed a sign that said "wet floor" and smacked that man in the face. *CRACK* His neck almost ripped off! I smack him again! then he fell to the floor and started to crawl towards me while I smack him once more! Then his head popped off!

The head was not moving but the body was! I ran out the bathroom as a man running over people with his truck! "Stop, over here!" I said hoping for him to stop. As soon enough he did stop.

"Are you bit?" Said the man looking at me.

"No why?" I said looking all around me.

"If your not bit then hop inside." The man said waiting for me to go inside. "Well you coming?" he said as I was thinking what to say.

"Oh yes I'm coming an what the hell is up with everyone today?" I said trying to start a conversation.

"Everyone that gets bit by a zed becomes a zed." He said. "We are going to my place to grab some supplies."

"Oh ok, and mister thank you so much for stopping and letting me come along." I said trying to see if I could come along.

"You are not staying with me." He said "You are only staying for the night, tomorrow you are going to go on with yourself." He said ending the conversation. Then his trucker radio came on and there was a news man talking on it.

"Everyone, remain with your families and do not leave your homes! There is a parasite that spreads if one of the infected bits you or it's blood and/puss gets in your mouth. If you are bit then there might be a 10% chance you will make it. And a 90% chance you will not make it. Stay tuned and we will have more news reports for any survivors out there." Then all there was after he had stop talking was static.

"So what is your name? My name if you were wondering is Caleb." I said trying to learn who the guy was.

"Names are not important anymore." He said not telling me his name.

"Then what do I call you then if you won't tell me your name?" I said still trying to find out his name.

"Fine, my name is Joshua and that's what you can call me." He said that lest behind a long silence after that. "Hey kid sorry that I'm a little mean right now. Its because I had to leave my family behind." he said that made my eyes starting to spread wide open.

"What happened Joshua?" I said trying to figure out what happened.

"There was this one zed that walked in my parents house and I was there because it was movie night, and then the zed just.... stood in the other room and to wait for us to go to bed. And of corse we did go to bed because the movie was over. Then the zed went up stairs into my.... parents r-room and all I had heard was a loud scream and yelp from my m-mom and d-dad and I went to there room and.... the zed was just eating them right there and I couldn't help them or save them! So I ran into my room and grabbed the 9mm and shot the zed with a full clip and it was dead.... just like my parents. So I ran into my truck and went to every zed I saw and ran it over and I killed like 35 of them and then I met you, now you know everything that has happened today." He said with tears running down his face as I handed him a napkin.

"I'm really sorry, I truly am." I said trying to help him.

"Don't worry about it I got somewhat over it." he said as I looked down to see my shoes covered in blood from the man in the bathroom. "Well we are almost there so hang tight, we will look in the house if there is any zeds in there and I there is not any then we stay there. Got it?" he said.

"Yea, I got it don't worry about a thing!" I said smiling at him when he is looking at me with a grin.

"Alright then, we are here at my place. just wait here and I will go check inside and keep an eye out for any zeds and if there is, the take it out." He went into the house now with silence. I kept an eye out for any zeds and there was none. Finally he gave me the "come on in" hand signal and I headed on in. There was this one zed. "That's the zed that killed my fucking family!" he said in an anger tone and whispering.

"Hey let's get him from behind and grab the biggest knife you have in here and we will kill the family killing fuck!" I said trying to find the biggest knife there was. Then Joshua came down stairs when I was still looking and tapped my shoulder. "what the hell you scared the shit out of me!" I said looking at him all mad.

"Sorry, but I found a hatchet and it is pretty big so I have it right here." He said showing me the big and giant hatchet and then I stepped back and watched him kill the zombie with one hit in the neck with the blade. "ok let's get this place cleaned up and go grab all the disinfecting supplies under the sink." Joshua commanded and I went to the sink and grabbed gloves and all the disinfecting supplies.

"Alright got all the supplies from under the sink." I said giving some of the supplies to him and keeping som for me. We started getting cleaned up and ready for bed and when I got to the guest room it was all nice and clean. I didn't know how it was all clean and nice but the bed was really neat. So I checked under the bed found nothing also in the closet and the bathroom and found nothing which was great. I was so scared if I found a zed anywhere around the house if I was sleeping.

The next morning Joshua wanted me to go and get some things from the shed. So, I walked out there and there was no zeds and when I walked in I found a bag. "I wonder what's in the bag?" I said