Love Blossoms

Serena's POV

"See you later you two". These were the words uttered by Clemont before he and Bonnie stepped out to get some supplies in the nearest Pokemart. All of the Pokemon tagged along since they were quite hungry which left me and Ash...alone. I've been rose red ever since they left the Pokemon Center and I swear to Arceus if Ash notices... Suddenly, I heard footsteps descending the stairs...

Ash's POV

What a relaxing shower! I got changed into more casual wear and made my way downstairs. My hair is still a little damp but I really want some food. Maybe Serena has some Macarons. "Hey Serena!" I smiled when I reached the bottom of the stairs. She was bright red. Oh no...not again. I know exactly what's up.

Serena POV

"Hey Serena!" I looked to the bottom of the stairs in the Pokemon Center and my gaze was met with auburn brown eyes staring back into my own. There seemed to be a smile accompanying his staring pupils. If the eyes really were the windows to the soul, I never wanna stop peering through... Suddenly, Ash's face turned to one of slight worry. "Serena, are you feeling OK"? Ash said, his damp raven hair waving almost in slow motion. " I'm fine" I say in an almost dreamy voice. "Are you sure, your bright red, you haven't got a fever have you?".

Ash's POV

I hope Serena is ok, her face is strangely red, I asked her if she was ok. She got even redder when I said that and then turned away. It was actually kind of cute... Weird. "So as long as your alright, I was wondering, do you have any macarons left?" My eyes met with her ocean blue ones once more as she looked up with a smile plastered on her face. She is so pretty. In that split moment I felt a tightening feeling in the pit of my stomach. Was that caused by Serena? Or the macarons present in her hands?

Serena's POV

I looked back at Ash, my blush fading, thank Arceus because that was so embarrassing. "Of Course, feel free to have as many as you want, lucky Chespin doesn't know about this set I keep for emergencies." I took out a small neatly decorated case and opened it to Ash as his face lit up with joy. There are some things I wish he loved as much as food, but at least these were made by my own hand. "Thanks Serena, your the best." Ash beamed as he reached for two. It always made me happy when he compliments my baking. He means well, but he does have the table manners of a Munchlax, luckily for him I find it cute. He continued to happily eat the macarons. Suddenly he stopped on the last few macarons. I looked at him inquisitively. "Is there something wrong, Ash?" He looked up with a guilty expression of all things. "Nothing is wrong with the macarons, they are delicious as always but..." "But?" I pressed. "But I just realised how rude I was being, I should have offered you some Serena." Ash quietly stated with a frown. I waved my hands in front of me while sweatdropping. "No don't worry I made them for everyone else anyway." Ash's frown remained. "At least have a couple, it would make me feel better." He then proceeded to hand me a pair of macarons. When our hands touched, I could feel my face flaring. I could have swore I saw a tinge of pink on Ash's cheeks. Could he be beginning... No it can't be... Could it?

Ash's POV

What is going on, first I think Serena looks cute and now I feel my cheeks flaring. Oh no, I understand, this is because of Serena... I must of got her fever. I noticed her put one of her macarons in her pocket after delicately eating the first, maybe she is saving it for later. After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Serena breaks the quiet. "So...what now?" She asks with a small smile. I wasn't sure myself, Clemont and Bonnie were not due back till the evening so we had a few hours to ourselves. Maybe I should go and train. Oh, but all our Pokemon tagged along with those two. I saw them from the window upstairs and Bonnie had a mischievous grin on. I wonder what she was thinking about. "Earth to Ash" Serena yelled waving her hand in my face. "Hehe sorry guess I blanked out for a moment." I chuckled gaining a giggle from Serena in response. "Well, we have a few hours why don't we go do something together?" Serena suggested, her face seeming to redden at the end of the sentence. "Sure, what do you have in mind?". Before I could say anything else she showed me her digital map and a place close by. "Can we go here? I have always wanted to see it, there is supposed to be flower species here found nowhere else in Kalos, and its also a hotspot for rare bug type Pokemon." Serena seemed to have it planned. " Harmony Meadow, huh?" I asked. "Sure, lets check it out.".

Hey guys, I didn't mention this was gonna be a two parter. I got really into this but it is 2AM and I need sleep. The actual meadow will be next chapter and will definitely live upto the name of the fic. That chapter will be called Fated Encounter. Leave comments and the next part should be up by Friday 17th June if not Saturday cos of college. Thanks guys.