↠0.2 Run

Luke

We all just stood there in silence, staring at the gruesome sight in front of us. By saying the body was dissected, I really do mean it.

It was obviosly a young woman, judging from the now red dress she was wearing and the blood-stained blond hair. Her head was dislocated, and so was her left arm. Her right arm had been cut off, or more horribly torn off. She also had a broken right ankle. Her left hand's fingers were hanging from only the skin. Her entire body was covered in deep cuts. Her eyes had been torn off her head, and were nowhere to be seen. Rest of the face was stained completely in blood, and I was sure that there was no actual skin left on her face. But one thing made chills go through me; the blood was still fresh.

I heard Ashton gag behind me, and Michael turned away. Calum also turned away, but I couldn't move. I just stared at the horrifying sight in front of me.

"That's it, I'm so out of here," Michael said and his breathing quickened.

"Who could've done something like that to her?" Calum asked.

"I don't know. But who ever it was, they probably are still here," I said. "The blood is still fresh."

The others looked like they didn't realise it earlier. They started glancing around them, scared. Michael went and closed the room door so we didn't have to look at the body anymore. I heard a crack from behind me. I jumped and spun around as fast as I could. It was just Calum, walking slowly backwards. "Sorry."

"Guys, I found the door out!" I heard Ashton yell at the end of the hallway. Me, Michael and Calum ran to Ashton, and saw the huge door. With no doubt about where it lead, Ashton pulled the door open and walked forwards. He jumped back in surprise, after his head hit a wall. "What the hell?"

The doorway was blocked with some kind of cement. We could not get through.

"What is going on here?" I asked, and I could feel my heart beating faster again. I backed up, and bumped into Calum. It made me jump again.

"Let's find another exit," Michael said.

"Why do I have the feeling that every other exit is blocked too?" Ashton said and turned around, now facing us.

"I have the same feeling," Calum said.

"Yeah, me too," I said.

"Calum, this is probably a bad time, but I really like that tattoo of yours," Michael said.

"Which one?" Calum asked and turned around.

"Those numbers on your shoulder. What do they mean?"

"But I don't have a number tattoo on my shoulder....?" Calum said confused.

"Yes you do, it's right there," I said, poking the tattoo gently. "37408. What does it mean?"

"I already told you, I do not have that kind of a-" Calum said until he was cut by Ashton shoving him in front of a broken mirror. He picked up a mirror shard from the ground and placed it so Calum could see his shoulder, and the tattoo. "B-but I never got a tattoo like that..."

"Ashton, you have a tattoo on your shoulder too," I said. He turned to face me with a shocked expression on his face. "No I don't..."

He positioned himself so he could see his shoulder on the mirror. He moved his shirt so he could see the whole tattoo.

"37428. I swear I never got a tattoo like that," he said, starting to shake a bit.

"37443." I heard Michael say. I turned around and saw him turned around, looking at his shoulder. I wondered how he could see anything from that position.