Chapter 1

Phoebe's POV :

*Flashback*
                                                            "Stay away from her." My mother cried , shielding me from my father.

My father was an angry drunk and he had just thrown my mother's most valuable China on the floor.

The small, squat apartment we used to live in was a mess and being the four year old I was, I was very confused.

I let go of Mum's hand and inched forward towards Dad, thinking that it was some kind of game. A very twisted game, but a game nonetheless.

I was wrong, however, because the moment Dad saw that I was coming towards him, he raised his hand as if to slap me, seeing this, Mum let out a shrill scream and I immediately retreated, now completely sure that Dad was not who he used to be.

I sniffled in Mum's shoulder, not knowing what to do. She was begging Dad to come to his senses, to realise what he was doing, but Dad never did...

That was the night when he stormed out of our apartment and never returned.

~

Today turned out to be extremely annoying. I had to babysit Dave and Tina and both of them are so hyper it's unnatural. And then I spilled soda all over my white skirt which sucks because it was new. And I'm broke so I can't buy a new one.
I'm just genuinely annoyed and that's the reason everything seems to be annoying me, ugh. Could this day get any worse?

Damn right it could.

I am usually easy to get along with and very patient but right now I had this sudden urge to scream at someone or something .

I'm so tired, I want to sleep but I can't sleep because I have to go to my job , and if I don't go to my job I can't pay the bills if I can't pay the bills, we'll starve and if we'll starve, we'll die . But I don't like to think about that ...

I work as a waitress in a very sophisticated restaurant and even though the management can well afford to buy every staff member a Limousine, they don't pay me well. My mother and I make just enough to keep the family from starving. Well, it's really not that bad, but still, we have to really struggle to make ends meet. What with school, our fees, our bills, we really had our work cut out for us.

Well, back to the subject. Working at the restaurant isn't so bad. The staff is very friendly except James, my boss.

I freaking hate James. He's such a freak! Like what is wrong with him? I'm a very good waitress, even if I say so myself. I serve everyone with smiles but no, James just has to complain .

"What're you doing Phoebe? Serve them properly!" he says every single day in the most annoying sing song voice . So I say :

"Okay James. I'll serve them properly. One day I'll serve them your freaking head so that everyone will be happy and life will be all unicorns and rainbows ."

But that only happens in my head and James doesn't hear me which is kind of maddening but I need that money so who am I to complain?

Lost in my thoughts, I walk into the restaurant and bump into a man - no a teenage guy and all I can think is that, ouch and my head hurts.

"Watch where you're going!" he said, in quite a rude voice which I thought wasn't acceptable since that idiot wasn't blind either and could have warned me before - and I'm ranting on again .

"You don't have to be rude, and anyway you have eyes too so I'm pretty sure you can watch where you're going. I was about to apologise, you know!" I replied, trying to sound equally as rude.

"You don't have to, now step out of my way." he said, rolling his eyes which was very annoying.

Everything he does is annoying. Why do I keep saying the word annoying so much today? Maybe because everything is annoying.

Despite his rudeness, I stepped out of his way.

When I finally reached the damned restaurant, Sara - another waitress - also the closest person I have to a friend over here, greets me with a hug as we get to work.

Overall it was an exhausting day. The longer I worked, the more people seemed to piss me off .

Especially this one man who ordered a coke. When I served him the coke, he gave it to his child who spilled it all over the table .

Guess who will be cleaning that? Me of course. The man didn't even seem to care. He just ordered another drink for his child. I hurriedly brought the coke for him, while James snapped at me for being lousy and spilling the drink over the diners. Was he blind too ? Maybe he was. Because if he didn't notice that I was not the one who spilled the drink, then he needs glasses.

I served the drink yet again and obviously the kid dropped it again. Only there was a slight difference this time. The boy spilled it over me. This had to be the most annoying day ever.

* TIME SKIP*

My shift was over and I was exhausted. I returned home, ate the leftover pizza in the fridge and went to to sleep, not bothering to change my clothes.

_______________________________________________________

A/n : Heyo people !

So, that's the first chapter. Hope you guys like it. Please comment and vote it will take less than a minute! We'd really appreciate it. We'd also really like it if you could tell your friends about this book if you like it . Constructive criticism would be appreciated as well. Thank you :) lots and lot of love - H&S❤️🦄.

PS : Have a great day/ night you beautiful people ❤️❤️❤️