Chapter One

[Amber's POV]

It was a seemingly ordinary Friday night. I had a basketball game after school. We had beat North Gar-Field High School and celebrated with pizza. It was about eleven that night and I was walking home alone. It was dark, and I was tired, so I decided to take a shortcut through an alley I use when I'm running late to school in the morning.

Before you say I'm crazy for going through a dark alley in the dark, let me tell you about myself. I have light brown hair with purple highlights that falls to my mid-back. I live in England with my dad. My mom died 4 years ago from lupus. I miss her terribly. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I go to South Gar-Field High School and I'm on the school's basketball team.

Back to when my life changed for the better (or for worse, depending on how you look at it).

I re-adjusted my backpack straps and took the shortcut though the alley. I was about halfway through (it's a long alley) when I heard it. Pounding footsteps. They were coming from where a different alley meets this one. I walked faster and saw him. He was wearing a black sweatshirt with the hood up, (I couldn't see his face, so I didn't know who it was) black jeans, and tan combat boots. "Run!" He said. "RUN!"

"What?-Why?" I exclaimed, but then I see them.

Zombies.

Not like the ones they usually describe in movies it books, you know, the moaning, groaning, pale, arms out, wrist down, brain-wanting zombies. No, these zombies where gray and moving quickly, yet still slower than the average human so the hooded guy was easily outrunning them.

He ran past me, but as he did, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me with him. I stumbled, got back on my feet and ran behind him. "Who are you? Where are we going?" I asked, still running.

"Shut up. Just run. I'll explain when we get there." He replied.

Well. I thought. Rude much?

We were only about 20 meters in front of the zombies. Suddenly the guy stopped. "We're here." He said.

"Where?" I asked, because we were standing in front of a pile of rubble. He went over to a broken mailbox. He lifted the flag and opened it. "You might want to move." He said.

"Wait, wh-" I started to say, but I was cut off as the ground opened up where I was standing and I fell into it. My backpack slipped off and I saw the hooded guy jump in after me. I watched the door close, leaving us in complete darkness. We're then dumped on a mattress. I look up and see the tunnel we fell down ended ten feet above us. Luckily the mattress was pretty soft.

My backpack landed on the floor next to me. The guy who led me here stood up, stuck his hand out and helped me up. "Thanks." I muttered, still pissed that he brought me here in the first place. His hood had stayed on, so I didn't know who he was.

"Zayn, who is this visitor you brought back with you?" I heard an Irish accent behind me. No, I thought. It can't be. I slowly turn around and sure enough, it's Niall Horan. I turned back to the guy who brought me here. He had taken his hood off. As Niall said, it's Zayn Malik. He walks over to Niall, and my eyes follow him. Then I see them.

One Direction.

It's One Direction.

Did I mention I'm a huge directioner?