Flashback (Pt. 2) and Back to the Present

Last Chapter:

"You didn't read the note!"

"Yes, we did."

"We're going to make this place burn."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do we do?" Loraine Rodero, ninth and twelfth grade sciences teacher, asked worriedly.

"Well, we don't know who they are, so we can't exactly call the police," Amy answered.

"Well how do we stop them?" This time it was Serina who asked.

"I... I don't know," Amy admitted. Everyone groaned and started talking at once. "Everybody, listen up!" The principal tried to regain control, but it was to no avail.

"HEY!" Jackie yelled. Everyone quieted, and she nodded, giving the floor back to Amy.

"Thank you, Jackie," she said. "Now, does anyone have six kids with Ks in their names all in one class in fourth period?"

Everyone thought for a moment, then Jackie let out a gasp.

"I do. Their first names all start with K," she said in shock. Everyone stared at her for a moment before Amy asked, "What are their names?"

"Keith, Karen, Karissa, Katla, Kaila, and Karmen," she nearly whispered. She had no idea they were capable of such a thing.

"Well, don't do anything if they don't show up. If they come in late, make a phone call here, but don't make it obvious. We can't let them know that we all know; only I was supposed to know anyway," Amy instructed. "Nothing's going to happen."

Little did she know how wrong she would be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please, don't do this, Karen," Jackie said, once again in the present. She had her hands stretched towards the girl, but Karen was still hesitant.

Rosie saw this hesitation as a distraction, though, and tried to get out of her grip ever so slightly. However, Karen immediately re-tightened her grip, choking Rosie. The girl was coughing for air.

"Karen, stop! You're going to hurt her!" Serina begged.

"I don't care; I'm done here!" Karen exclaimed. "See these?" she asked, holding up the two wires she had in her free hand. "When the tips touch, it'll set off this bomb. Rosie and I will be gone, and there's nothing you two can do to stop it!" She twisted the wires so she could make the tips touch.

"No!" Jackie and Serina yelled at the same time. Jackie lunged for Rosie and Serina for Karen. Karen was exprecting this, however, and moved out of the way just in time. Rosie's face was turning purple.

"Help, please!" she gasped. The sound of her choking made Jackie go into feral mode. She was not going to let another person die at the hands of these monsters. They were not innocent. They came to the school that day with the intent to kill anyone needed. They didn't deserve mercy.

Jackie lunged at Karen. She made it this time, and knocked the wires out of her hand. Serina grabbed them and grabbed a nearby piece of glass. She started cutting through the wire while Jackie blocked a punch thrown her way. She grabbed the arm around Rosie's neck and pulled as hard as she could. The grip loosened enough for Rosie to slide herself out, and she scooted away as much as she could. From the angle she was at, Jackie finally saw what Serina had gasped at. Rosie's right leg was trapped under rubble, and from the amount of blood surrounding it, she was surprised the girl hadn't passed out. She looked pretty close, though. She heard a shout, and saw Serina holding the broken wires up successfully while Karen let out a defeated scream.

"You get Rosie, I'll get Karen," Serina said, crawling over to her. Jackie nodded and moved to Rosie while Serina grabbed Karen and started to lead her out.

"Mrs. Whitaker, I don't feel so well," Rosie said faintly. Jackie could tell she was about to pass out.

"Okay, Rosie. Don't worry, it's okay to fall asleep. It's okay," she soothed the girl until she finally closed her eyes. She knew she had mere minutes to get Rosie out of here before she reached the height of danger, where she could potentially die. She shoved as much rubble as she could off the girl's leg, then had to look away before she lost her breakfast. There was a rod from a desk leg sticking right through Rosie's leg, from the middle of her calf to the top of her knee. She took a deep breath. She'll be okay, she told herself.

She reached under Rosie and lifted her up. Still, she had the adrenaline in her, but it was fading, she could tell. Her ankle was beginning to hurt once more. She moved as fast as she could through the broken room, nearly tripping three times. She finally made it to the open, non-damaged area. She gently laid Rosie on a waiting gurney, and promptly collapsed next to an already-unconscious Serina. The last thing she heard before going under was, "Oh my gosh! Somebody get over here! We've got two unconscious women! We need help!"