Wrote in the Sand; Our Initials, Forever. (Joel Peat Fanfic)

Chapter 1.

It was a frosty October morning in London. Typical England, always cold.

He was sat there, alone, for now, in a small coffee shop, his ash brown hair was sweeped under a grey beanie, he wore black and white converse, black skinny jeans, a camo patterned jacket with a red checkered shirt peeking through, he was that blue eyed baby faced guitarist that thousands of girls would only dream of dating.

He bought over two cups of steaming hot coffee to the small table for two at the back of the shop where he was sitting.

Once he had warmed up a little he took of his black woolen gloves, slid them into his jacket pocket before hanging it over the back of his chair.

His phone was on the table, it buzzed and signalled a message from Lucy, saying that she was almost here.

Lucy was a old friend of Joel's, they met in university, they lived in the same dorm, that was until Joel dropped out to pursue his music career with his band; Lawson.

"Joel!" A female voice shouted, "Hey there stranger, how ya doin?" he replied before engulfing her into a tight hug.

Dressed in skinny black jeans, a pair of black boots that had a slight heel, a cream wooly jumper that had the words "Je t'aime" across it in small sequins and a huge winter coat, she hid her blonde hair under a beanie and her make up was kept to a minimum.

"My best mate the super cool rockstar aye!" she smiled, that perfect smile, his eyes lit up.

It had been too long, too long since they've seen each other, too long since they'd laughed together, too long since he had felt those butterflies in his stomach when ever she smiled, when ever she laughed, whenever he seen her.

"You know I've never been cool, never mind super cool! But rockstar? I'll take that" he smirked "I got you a coffee by the way, just the way you like it-" "black, two sugars" they said in unison before bursting into hysterics and taking their seats.

The spoke for hours, the whole day went by without them realising, or not wanting to realise that the day was coming to an end, that yet another 'goodbye' was envitable, or another 'bye' as these 'goodbyes' were always anything but good.

"Joel, look at the time" Lucy exclaimed whilst looking at her watch.

"Time flies when you're having fun aye" he sighed, "it sure does, although I'd stay here all night if I could I've got work in the morning, so, I best start making a move home" she sighed.

"I'd stay here forever if it meant I was with you" he thought to himself, or quietly whispered as the words escaped his mouth without any control.

"I've got work in the morning as well..."

"Yeah but Joel I can guarantee your work day will be at least ten times more exciting than mine" she half laughed, half sighed.

They finished the last of what seemed to be their millionth drink and, Joel being the gentleman that he is, walked Lucy to her station, even though it was in the complete opposite way of where he needed to be.

They walked and talked about the next day and plans for the next few months, Joel told her that they were off to America tomorrow, they had a few tour dates over there before they back home to kick off their biggest tour to date.

They arrived at the station the same time as Lucy's train, Lucy pecked Joel on the cheek and he engulfed her into a tight hug, maybe a bit too tight, but she cooperated, until he had no choice but to let her go. He watched her board her train before putting his headphones in and heading home himself.

"Wildfire" by John Mayer. Perfect.

* * *

He climbed into bed, topless, after he changed into a pair of pyjama bottoms, his hair was messy, he looked exhausted but he wore a smile, the same smile he had had since the minute he seen her again.

It was safe to say, even after all this time, he was still smitten by her, completely.