Chapter 31

Takeshi bit his bottom lip as he narrowed his eyes at the men in black that are currently standing in front of him. Behind him is Nana who was still holding an unconscious Ciel.

They had been heading back to the hotel when they were suddenly stopped by these men, thankfully, they had managed to get out of the car when it was destroyed.

Reborn stayed out of sight , eyes looking at Takeshi through his tilted fedora, he had seen Takeshi's abilities back in the Vongola Garden and he wanted to see if the kid can manage to defeat these men by himself. These mafiosis were weak (for him) and if the kid can't handle it himself, then, that's where he'll interfere.

Besides, for some reason, he didn't want to disappoint the brunette who had left his mother, brother, and his friend's safety in his hands,

But....

'That doesn't mean I couldn't get to test this kid's potential.' Reborn thought with a smirk.

Typical Reborn...

"What do you want with us?" Takeshi questioned, he may be clueless to what was going on but he can tell if a person is danger or not, and these men were clearly not in the /people who are friendly/ category.

The mafioso scoffed, "We've got nothing to do with you, kid, just give us that damn brat over there and you can all go" he said in Japanese, pointing at Ciel.

Nana's eyes widen and her hold on Ciel tightened, she glared at them, daring them to do just that.

Takeshi's normal hazel eyes darkened, "No way, mister. That's Tsuna's little brother you know, he won't like it if someone takes his brother away" he stated.

Tsuna had revealed to him that Ciel is his half brother yesterday so he knew of their relationship.

He slipped his hand in his pocket and grasped what was inside. His mind played back at how he got these small things from his best friend.

Flashback:

"What's those boxes for, Tsuna? Why are you giving them to me?" Takeshi asked, staring at the two small boxes on Tsuna's palms.

They were blue and had a hole each. He didn't know why but something inside him seemed to reach out to those small boxes.

Tsuna smiled, his eyes distant, as if remembering something.

He looked at Takeshi, "It's something important to me, Takeshi. And I want you to have them, here, take them........besides, these guys would want to see you" Tsuna muttered the last part so Takeshi wouldn't hear.

Takeshi took the small boxes from Tsuna, "Thank you, Tsuna, though, what are these used for?" he asked curiously, examining the hole of the boxes and trying to see what was inside.

Tsuna chuckled, he gently took Takeshi's hand off from trying to open the boxes, "Here, use this" he said, giving Takeshi a ring with a blue gem.

Takeshi looked confused. Tsuna smiled, "Used these boxes when you're in trouble, the ring will help you open them, though, it's up to you how to figure out how it works, all I can say is, believe in yourself and find your will"

Takeshi nodded slowly, "...Okay.."

End of Flashback.