19

Chapter 19

A/N: Hey, guys! I just want to let you know that I'll be skipping time in this chapter. From where we left off, it was two months after they came back from Christmas Break, so March. I will be skipping to a month later (April). During this time, they will be getting ready for their college graduation.

Wow, look how time flies. Feels like yesterday when they started their senior year in college. *cries*. I feel like a proud parent.

Okay, enjoy!

___________________________

1 Month Later

Adriana

"Smile on three...two...one!"

I blinked right after the bright light from the camera flashed in my face, notifying that the picture had been taken.

"Beautiful, Ms. Gomez." The photographer smiled.

I was currently taking pictures for my graduation invitations. After this, I will be meeting up with Aaliyah, Blake, and Sam to take some just for fun. While this was an exciting time, my mind was currently somewhere else.

Before coming to take my pictures this morning, I got a call from my mother last night that wasn't pleasant. She called to tell me that my father had came to see her, unannounced, and would like to speak to me.

I had so many mixed emotions, my mind was so full with thoughts, and I felt overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do, or even where to start.

Even though he is my parent, what he did is what's making it so hard for me to face him. Each time I reached out to him, it was always something. Either an excuse, or he never picked up. And denying my friend request on Facebook was the icing on the came for me. I took that as him letting me know that he didn't want to be in my life. So why now?

"You're free to go now, Ms. Gomez." The photographer told me. I nodded, taking off my cap and gown, and carefully putting it away to take with me.

"When will I be able to get my pictures?" I asked him.

"I don't have many to develop, so you should have them by next week. I want to get them out as soon as possible."

"Okay, thanks so much."

On my way out of the building, I grabbed my phone from my bag, seeing I had a text from Sam.

In the past month, Sam and I have gotten a lot closer. Closer than before, I believe. We've really been taking our time to get back to the way we were, and I feel we're doing so at the right speed. We've just gotten back to speaking and seeing each other everyday, and I've even allowed him to spend the night a few times.