13

Chapter 13

QUICK A/N: Yes, this chapter is short. But I'm planning to set the scene for the next chapter, which will be longer, I promise. I hope you guys enjoy, leave comments please.

Also excuse any errors. I'm writing this on my phone because I don't feel like getting out of bed to get my laptop - lazy, yes I know.

Enjoy!

_______________________________

Adriana

"Is five this afternoon okay?"

"Yes, ma'am. Five is perfect."

"Alright, Ms. Gomez. I'll see you later on. Enjoy your day."

"You too, ma'am. Thank you."

"No problem. Bye."

"Bye."

I took the phone down from my ear, placing it on my nightstand before turning over in the bed. I looked up as Sam walked into the bedroom, holding a large bowl of cereal.

"Who was you talkin' to?"

I bit my bottom lip, thinking fast. "Mommy." I lied. Actually, it was the lady who emailed me last week about the internship. Surprisingly, I still hadn't told Sam about it, simply because I wanted to meet with her and get some questions answered.

Honestly, I didn't know if I could go all the way to New York anyway. I had established a good life for myself in LA. All my friends and family are here, and I wanted to stay. But it was just for a couple of months, and it was the opportunity of a lifetime.

Clearly, I was stuck.

"Oh." He simply said, climbing into his side of my bed, pulling the covers back and sitting up. "I got somethin' to tell you."

"What's that, babe?"

"I went and talked to my coach yesta'day, and he said that I'a be able to come back and practice next week."

"That's good, babe." I smiled.

"Thanks. The guys are actually givin' me a lil' somethin' tonight, and I was hopin' you'a come wit' me."

"You know I will." I sat up to grab my phone. "What time?"

"Five."

I turned my head around, looking at him as he continued eating his cereal. He looked over to me, pausing. "What?"

I shook my head, looking down at my phone. "Nothing."

"Ya' sho'?"

"Mhm."

He eyed me, like he was catching onto something. I laughed it off with a small, what, but he shook his head. "Nothin'. I'm just checkin' wit' you."

"I'm good, Sam." I chuckled. "Hey, I meant to tell you. Yesterday during the show, there was this guy who called in--"

"About him wanting to talk to his child?" He asked. I raised my eyebrow, surprised he still listened to the show. Daddy as fuck, I thought.

"Yea." I chuckled. "It just surprised me, because we had talked about my dad, and then that man called about him wanting to reconnect with his child."

"Crazy." He nodded. "You'on think it's--"

"Oh no." I shook my head. "He said he had a son. Last time I check, I'm a woman."

"Yes, baybeh'. All woman." He grinned.

I laughed, shaking my head. "You're so funny."

For the rest of the day, we spent it together before he left to go home and get himself ready for later. I took my shower a little later since India and Forrest were coming by so we could plan next week's topics. Aaliyah was stopping by as well, just to hang out with us.

"Adri, you mind if I have some of your cheetos?" Aaliyah asked from the kitchen.

"Yea, some." I pointed out.

"Ain't that what I asked for?"

"You say some, then your ass end up eating half the bag."

"Not true." She chuckled. "Anyway, I'm getting some. Thanks, best friend."

I shook my head and sat back on the couch. I repeatedly tapped my pen against the paper that sat in my lap. Surprisingly, I couldn't come up with anything. I was looking to India and Forrest to see what their ideas were, but I was tired of doing that. I wanted to come up with something for the week's topics. My own ideas.

"What's on your mind, girl?"

I looked up as India came and sat beside me. I debated telling them, only because I haven't told Sam yet. I didn't want to cause any problems in my relationship, but I was dying for another person's opinion other than my own, since I was the only one aware at the moment.

I sat up, sitting my paper and pen over to the side of me. "Okay, if I tell you guys, please keep this to yourselves. I haven't quite figured it out yet, and Sam doesn't know."

"He don't?" India asked, surprised. "Oh, this must be good!"

I shook my head, pushing my hair back from my face. "Okay, so last week I was contacted by a lady who works for the company who owns Hot97 and Power 105.1. She told me that she wants to offer me an internship with them."

"What?!" Aaliyah yelled, zooming into the living room from the kitchen. "Adri, this is crazy! I'm so happy for you, best friend!!"

"Thank you." I grinned. She looked down to me, her joyful smile fading away.

"What's your problem? You should be happy for yourself, this is big."

"I am happy. It's just, in order to do this internship, I have to leave....and go to New York." The room instantly fell silent, and all eyes were on me. "I understand how big of a deal this is, and if I pass it up, who knows if I'll ever get another opportunity like this. But I don't think I can go to New York."

"Adri, this is an internship. A good one at that." Forrest pointed out. "We all know how much you love those shows. Why would you even second guess it? This is something temporary, and for all we know, they could offer you a good job after graduation here in L.A.. You're overthinking this too much."

"But I just started seeing Sam. And Liyah, you know me better than anyone. You know I hate long distance."

"Adri, I'm sure Sam will understand. He loves you, he supports everything you set your mind to do. Y'all will be okay."

I sat back on the couch, thinking about what my friends told me. I guess I was overthinking. Plus, I haven't even went to see the lady yet. I planned to talk to Sam after the meeting, so when I explain, I have all the details. I just hoped he took it as well as my friends did.