Chapter 9

Travis's POV

The hunters managed to kill the Chimera with only three arrows.

"Poisoned arrows." a girl with dark brown hair said. "They kill you in ten seconds."

Rose suddenly blinked. "Travis, where am I? And why are the hunters here?"

"You don't remember anything?" I asked Rose.

"That's what the Chimera does. It 'charms' people and they have no memory of what happened. What I don't understand is why you weren't charmed,"the dark brown haired girl said.

"I have no clue."

"Maybe because he's the son of Hermes?" a girl suggested. "Hermes gave the Chimera the power to do that a few years ago because he was mad at some demigod."

"He did?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"Guess he didn't want his children hurt, but didn't care about other demigods." the same girl said. "I'm Allison by the way. Daughter of Hermes. Unfortunately."

"Unfortunately?" I asked. "What do you mean, "Unfortunately?"

She rolled her eyes. "You Hermes children are all so immature. You all think life is just a big game. All you care about is your stupid pranks!"

"That's not completely true! Well, not for me at least. I care so much about my siblings and friends. And Katie. I care about Katie so much!" I snapped back.

"You care about Katie? I knew it!" Rose cheered. We all have her a look. "Right. Not the time."

"Well, what brings you here?" I asked Allison.

She sighed. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

If only that were true.

"So why are you two here, in the middle of the woods?" Allison asked.

"This is a simple story... but not an easy one to tell," Rose replied. 

So with that, we started to explain our story.

Katie's POV

I sit down at the large table in front of me. A beautiful woman sits next to me.

"What is your name?" she asks.

"Tessa." I lie. "And why did you bring me here?"

"You're lying." she says raising an eyebrow.

"How did you know?" I ask.

"I am Aletheia, the goddess of truth. You can ask your questions later. But for now, I have a question: what is your name?"

"K-Katie." I stutter.

"Do you know why you are here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"N-no. I have no clue," I answered honestly.

"Good. You told the truth. I appreciate that, young one. As you already know, I am Aletheia, goddess of truth. Do you want to know why I captured you?"

"Actually mother, I captured her for you," my masked captor said.

"Shut up, Elizabeth! That is not important at this moment. Why don't you go get our prisoner something to eat," Aletheia yelled.

Remind me never to correct her, I thought.

"No, Lady Aletheia," I answered, not taking any chances. "Why did you capture me?"

"Because the world today is full of lies, and I need someone to fix it." she said. "Now, your other questions?"

"I thought Apollo was the god of truth. How come there's two?"

Aletheia sighed. "Everyone thinks that. The only reason that brother of mine is the god of truth is that everyone forgot about me. That boy couldn't speak a true sentence if his immortality depended on it. There are two gods for some things, though."

"Oh. Okay. But why did you capture me(italics)?"

"Since we gods depend on mortals, I can't take revenge on them. So I decided to take revenge on half bloods. You half bloods lie more than mortals and that's saying something."

"Lady Aletheia, demigods sometimes have to lie. We can't tell mortals the truth. It could destroy them."

"Maybe the world would be better if all mortals knew what was going on that they can't see."

I was about to reply when my masked captor- Elizabeth-walks in with a platter of food an two drinks.

"Mother!" she called. "I brought the food!"

"Set it on the table, Elizabeth."

She set it on the table like her mother asked, and left the room

"But everyone would be so confused!"

"The ancient Greeks did all right. But lying isn't a good thing. Your mortal society is based on lies and half truths. That isn't a good thing. Lying should only be used in extreme circumstances, and that's why you're here."

"You want me to stop the world from lying?" I asked, confused.

"No. That is impossible. What I'm asking you, is to stop lying except in extreme circumstances. You see, with every lie someone tells, I fade a little more."

I did not see that coming, I thought.

___________________________________________________________________________________

A/N Ta-da! An update. Sorry it's been a while, I haven't had much time to upload. But I try when i can. It summer now, updates will come sooner. Until next time!! 

May the fandom be with you. 

~Hatter and Lily