Chapter Seven- What do you want?

Start bij het begin

"Om my god! Let me tell you. You talked to him for merely five seconds when you ran out of ideas to stroll him. And birthday excuse? Oh, god that was so lame!!!" I said over the phone, laughing.

Her snorts reached my ears. "Whatever. Second?" She asked with an frowning tone.

"Awe. Fine. Thanks partner for buying me some time." I gave in and I could imagine her little crazy happy dance.

I chuckled, "Stop it."

I added, "And second, I got his address because—"

I halted as soon as I caught the sight of someone, I want to kill right there.

"Elle? You still with me?" I jumped a little and pressed the phone close to my ear again.

I whispered, "Have to go. Will see'ya tomorrow."

"But, why are you whispering? Where are you Michelle Reynolds?" I bet she's glaring at her wall, imagining me there.

"Got to go." And I hung up. I switched off my phone and warily, took few steps.

Nobody was standing in front of the big white house, talking to someone whom I couldn't get a look at. Because, that person was behind the tree. But, with the look on nobody's face, he looked pissed. Very pissed. I tried my best to eavesdrop but, couldn't hear a word.

Jeez! I need to get out of here now! I screamed inwardly to myself.

Slowly, I took off my stilettos and held them in my hand to avoid getting caught by the loud noise they made.

Tip-toeing, I started walking, praying he won't see me passing through.

I barely took few long steps when I heard footsteps getting closer to me.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I started moving faster and faster but, guess he was better than me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in his same gravelly voice, and getting the hold of my arm.

I almost stumbled before standing erect, in front of him. His fingers digging deep into my soft skin. Panic started to rose in me.

"Can't you see? I am going home. And I could ask you the same thing?" I blurted out angrily with a fake brave face. I remembered what he did to my best friend. And that was all to get me grumpy. And, I snatched my arm out of his grip.

I couldn't stand his hands on me. At all.

I noticed he was definitely-out-of-his-way close to me. His caramel yet dark chocolate-ish eyes staring down at me. I could tell he was contemplating something in his mind, as he simply glared at me before finally speaking.

"Why are you really here? Did you follow me?"

Ugh!!! Is he thick-head or something?

"I already told you. And why would I do that? Huh? Unless you have something to hide." I told, pointedly, and crossed my arms before me.

"You should not lie when you have eyes like that..." He whispered, leaning close to me. Did he say that to dodge away the real question?

Lots of shivers ran up and down my spine, my heart thudded loud inside my chest. Why would I lie? I don't need to lie to him!! But, what did he mean with eyes like mine?

"I don't lie. Actually," I took one step towards him, "I hate liars."

He rolled his eyes before staring back at me, deadpanned.