Arrival

Ren POV
Haru remembers nothing of the summer he had spent with me all those years ago.

Haru doesn't remember me.

Haruko-san told me that after the accident Haru lost all of his memories that included me. From the time he had come to visit us, to until recently. He'd forgotten.

Despite knowing that I'd still pressured Haruko-san into letting me come live with him. Haru had been upset having to suddenly take care of a child. As the days had progressed Haru began to warm up to me.

Being regarded as a stranger and a burden to him hurt but that didn't mean I was going to part from him. Haru is my life. No matter what, even if he comes to hate me, I'll stay by his side. I'd been sure of what I wanted before I came here.

--------------------------

I opened the door of Haru's apartment.

"I'm home." I took off my shoes at the entrance just like he'd taught me.

"Ren!" Haru ran up to me excitedly and picked me up swinging me around. "Welcome home!"

He set me down on the floor and patted my head. "Today I made your favorite rice! Want to eat?"

I stared into Haru's beautiful green eyes and stayed silent for a moment. Every time I locked eyes with him I couldn't stop staring, the color of his eyes is mesmerizing. Haru had gotten used to my incessant staring even though he didn't understand why I did it.

"Yes. I'm hungry."

Haru was still wearing his work clothes and I hated the scent of perfume on him. I didn't say anything and sat down at the dinner table and waited for Haru to serve me.

I started eating immediately when he set the plate down in front of me.

"Ren!"

"What Haru?" Haru reached for me over the table and I felt his finger brush the side of my mouth before he brought it back to his lips and licked it.

"Haru?!" I blushed hard and dropped my chopsticks into the bowl of rice.

"What's wrong Ren?" Haru laughed.

"You-you." I kept on blushing. I'm pretty sure brothers aren't supposed to do that!

"Stop blabbering Ren and eat your food. You forgot to say Ittedakimase."

"Ittedakimase." I grumbled and started eating again.

Haru POV

REN IS SOOO CUTE!!! I couldn't help playing with him a little bit when I saw the piece of rice on his face. This little brat might be a load of work but I still love him. I watched my little lovely eat and when we were both done I took the plates and went to wash them.

Seeing Ren eat my cooking is adorable. I don't always get here with enough time to cook and those days Ren eats convenience store bentos.

When Haruko-sans friend broke the news to me I had been totally unprepared! I didn't want to take on a kid with the busy work schedule I had but I hadn't managed to get out of the situation.

I'm trying to teach Ren to be a human because he lacks basic mannerisms.

He doesn't like to take baths or sleep in a bed and he also doesn't really know when to say things like 'Please' or 'Thank you'. He's a bit too straightforward and when I enrolled him in school most of his teachers had told me he was an odd child when I asked about how he was adapting.

Living with Haruko-san must have been the reason he turned out like that. I don't even know how that woman must have brought him up.

______________________________

(≧∇≦)/ Hi! So the story is starting when Ren just got to live alone with Haru. Before Haru tells the Aki and Shima he is on the family register. After the car accident.

River632