6

I always knew I was weak, but when I heard it aloud, my world came crashing down. I try to be brave and strong, but at the end of the day, trying doesn't cut it.

I put my hand to my stinging cheek and ran to my room. And for the second time in a row, I cried myself to sleep.

~~~~~

When I woke up, I was hot. My room felt like a furnace so I bathed and then I wore a pink tank top and some shorts and put on my white converse. I then put my hair in a messy bun and tied a white bow head band on my head. I felt cooled off and decided to go outside.

It was equally warm out when I stepped up onto the main deck. My stomach growled and I realized I never ate lunch yesterday nor have I eaten anything this whole trip. I spotted Mr. Smee and walked over to him.

"Hello Mr. Smee." I smiled.

"Oh hello Miss Hook." He smiled back.

"Oh just call me Beauty." I shrugged.

"Alrighty Beauty. Now what can I do for ya?" He asked cocking his head to the side.

"I was wondering where I could find food to eat." I smiled sheepishly.

"Oh in that case I'll lead ya right to where we keep our food." He friendly winked.

"Thank you." I smiled.

He led us over to a small staircase next to my father's office and we walked down. It was dark so Mr. Smee lit a lantern, but when we made it to the bottom, there was nothing here but empty crates and barrels.

"No. No. No! I knew we should've locked the cellar!" He yelled frantically.

"What happened? Where's the food?" I asked confused.

"Peter Pan is no doubt the cause." And with that he ran up the stairs and left me in the dark cellar.

I walked up the stars slowly so I wouldn't fall from the dark light. I made it to the top and stepped out. I watched as Mr. Smee ran to my father and explained the whole situation. Through it, my father grew angrier and angrier.

I ran over and watched at my father yelled at Mr. Smee.

"Why wasn't it locked?!" My father shouted. "We have no choice but to go to the island and hunt and gather!" He huffed. "Men! Get over here!" With that all his crew members huddled around him.

"What happened Cap'n?" One of the men asked.

"Peter Pan happened. He stole our rations. Now were gonna go to the island and hunt and gather food. I'll bring only a few of you to go so there are men here to guard the ship and watch Beauty." All the men's heads turned to look at me and I grew very uncomfortable. It was like this was the first time they were seeing me. "So who will come with me?" He asked the crowd.

Immediately Gaston stepped forward and I rejoiced in my head. A whole day without Gaston!

"No Gaston. You stay here with Beauty and make sure she's safe." My father said as he patted him on the shoulder with trust. But he should not trust the little jerk. Now instead of rejoicing I was freaking out. I looked down sadly but from the corner of my eye, I could see Gaston smirking.

Soon my father got ten guys to go with him to the island. And after they gathered what they would need, they got into a row boat an left. I don't think it registered in my mind that they were going to the same place as the evil Peter Pan until they were already gone. Now I was no longer freaking out about myself being here with Gaston, but freaking out about the well being of my father.