Chapter 6

"Ms Kennedy! We are so glad to have you!" I look behind me to check if she's really talking to me or not.

Why the hell is she so excited? It's not like Brad Pitt is walking on red carpet. Even the teachers are freak here. First Martinez and now Ms What's-her-name.

"This is chemistry class, right?" I examine the room calmly. The entire class has stopped whatever they were doing. A girl stopped pouring a chemical to the boiling tube. A guy is half-sitting and half-standing. It's like time has stopped. Every single soul present is staring at me.

"WATCH OUT!!" someone shrieks. Everyone duck down while someone falls on top of me.

Suddenly the sound of glass exploding echoes. This is the school of geniuses? Oh, this has to be a joke. They can't even handle chemicals in lab without exploding the freaking tube.

"Get off me!" I try to push the bulky figure but he doesn't even bulge an inch.
"I saved you!" Ewin??
"Yeah, right. You did more damage to my Guess crop top than the chemical could have done to me." I snort.
"You're kidding me! You could have suffered some serious injury. And all you care about is your top?" Murder is in his eyes.
"I didn't ask you to. Now ,off me."

Slowly he stands up and take his seat without even glancing towards me again.

"Are you okay, Ms Kennedy?" the teacher brushes imaginary dust from my skirt.
"I'm fine." I take a step away from her reach.

I try to find the source of this chaos. My eyes land on the broken tube, a six-feet Asian-looking guy standing next to it shaking his head. Clearly, his mess.

"Felix, it's the tenth tube. Anyway, get a new one and leave the disaster." She commands in an authoritative voice.

TENTH TUBE????? No go to nurse?

"Do you need to go to nurse, Ms Kennedy?"
"No. I'm okay."
"Attention, everyone!" Like she needs to. "As you all know, this beautiful young lady here is Ms Chloe Kennedy, daughter of Mr Kennedy. She will be joining us as of today. I know it's midterm and all, so I really hope you people will help her cover some of her course. Although I know that Chloe got an excellent-"
"Thank you for the much less needed introduction. Just assign me wherever you want. Because I don't think my wonderful classmates are interested in any word you spoke about me and would be delighted to continue their important work. Sorry to interrupt you all. Don't mind me, continue whatever you're doing." I put my hands up.
"About assigning you. As you know it's midterm, we have a slightly little problem. The only one who can partner with you is Felix Davis." She's practically shaking.
"FELIX!! The boy who just performed the fireworks?" is she kidding me? No way I'm up for this.
"Yes." She winces. "You see, he's the only one available. But don't worry, he's our best student."
"I highly doubt that. Can't I have a table alone?"
"I'm sorry, Ms Kennedy. I would have been delighted to help you but we have strict instructions from your father to make you interact with other normal people." Why can't he leave me alone?
"You consider this maniac normal?" my eyes widen.
"Ms Kennedy, please take your seat." She uses the same commanding voice over me.

I sigh in frustration. If he wants to kill me, he could have just said. Did I say KTHS seems normal? Sorry, because there's nothing normal here. I think they're all secretly plotting to murder me. A shy girl as my roommate, crazy teen drama in my room and now a psycho as my lab partner? If I ever survived this, I'm gonna make life for dad a living hell.

Ewin silently chuckles. "You're really are a bitch, you know."

"I treat a person exactly how they deserve. I'm not as forgiving and soft-spoken as my father." I tie my hair in a lousy ponytail, something I won't even dare to try at Carnation High. Looks are everything there.

He looks at me for a long time before he speaks up again. "Ava was right. You're not exactly as awful as people give you credit for. You just speak your mind. Brave, I must say."
"You all must talk about me alot here." I narrow my eyes at him.
"You're the hottest topic of KTHS. All of us know about that little car-smashed-into-fountain incident of yours. They all know every single detail about you. You're like the spoilt kid here. Even if all the girls follow you for fashion tips and you're the object of every guy's fantasy here, not many are willing to befriend you."
"Afraid that I'll corrupt them?"
"You can say so. Another can be that they envy you, we all work hard to get here while for you it all took was a phone call." His face remains expressionless.
"Sweetie, I'm no fan of this place. Neither was I jumping at the opportunity. Trust me, I'll be off to my normal life as soon as I get a chance."
"I know that. By the way, I pray to god you live to tell the tale how it was like to be the partner of Felix."
"Why? And by the way, why are you talking to me? Aren't you afraid to get corrupted?"
"Who said I'm going to befriend you? I'm just warning you." he shrugs and return to his book.
"You're not exactly annoying."
"Was that a compliment?" he smiles, which kind of displays his all white teeth.
"A mere statement. Don't flatter yourself." I scowl.
"That's a start. You know, this place isn't as bad you think."
"Why are you talking?"

That will shut him for the rest of the period.

"Who are you?" Felix taps his foot rapidly.
"A victim of parental cruelty." I mutter under my breath.
"What did you say?"
"I said I'm your new partner." I slide in the seat adjacent to him.
"Cool. I'm Felix Davis."
"Chloe."
"A word of advice. Listen to my warnings, never ignore it." His eyes dead serious.
"I was thinking about sitting under the table." He offers mean apologetic smile. "Sorry."

I look at him for real this time. Black eyes with long lashes, brown hair. He's nice looking if you ignore his certain habits. Like he keeps biting his nails, ruffling his hair and tapping his foot.

"Will you stop it? The table is shaking." I slap his leg.
"Sorry. You can leave this to me. " he takes the gauge from my hand.
"Be my guest."

Two minutes later. "Duck!" And another tube sacrificed.

This is outrageous. "Here. Let me do it." I take the charge. Thankfully, no other accident happens.

How long is this going to happen? It's like dad has made me stuck with losers purposefully. You know what dad? You wanna make me pay for my dues by making me stay here. Well, two can play this game.

______________________________________

Clear the way, Chloe is coming!! Yay!!!!! She has finally decided to plan something fishy..

Keep patience to find out!! In the meantime, don't forget to vote and comment!!

Love you all.. ❤❤😘 Please recommend it if you like it.. Enjoy the update

Check out my story Starting Where We Ended too!!