Chapter 23: No Time Like The Present!

Joey's POV

"She what?!"

I asked in alarm.

"What?! How?!"

I demanded.

"My phone must have hit something when I threw my pants... And I guess she listened?"

I put my head in my hands. Ugh! This is so weird. I didn't mind Sawyer knowing because, he's one of my best friends, AND he wasn't listening to us... But Shane's ex? That's a little awkward.

"So... What are we going to do?"

I asked Shane. He knows her more than I do, he can handle this better.

"I guess we tell her truth, I don't think she'll be mad, I hope not. She knows I'm gay and she accepts it so it shouldn't be a big problem..."

I nodded my head slowly. It's too late anyway, she probably heard everything.I bit my lip.

"Isn't it going to be awkward?"

I asked

"I mean we aren't really DATING yet... It's kind of hard to understand."

Shane nodded. He leaned in to give me a hug.

"It's fine Joey. She's my best friend, just like Sawyer is one of yours. He knows, and he's fine with it. If she is really my best friend, she will be okay with it to. It won't be too hard for me to talk to her, you just have to sit there and look pretty."

He laughed, and I smiled.

"Ok, thanks Shane."

I said. And he nodded.

"So... When should we talk to her?"

I asked, breaking the awkward moment of silence.

"No time like the present!"

Shane said, feeling around for his phone. He found it, and pulled it out of his pocket.

"Shane?"

I asked. And his head turned up to face me.

"What are you going to tell her? You can't just say, you heard us fuck, come over, I have to talk to you..."

Shane nodded.

"Your right..."

He said.

"I will have to pretend that nothing happened, and I never knew she heard."

He replied, dialing her number. I sat be side him, leaning in so I could here both sides of the conversation.

"Shane?"

I heard a pitchy voice ring through the speaker.

"Hey Lisa!! It's been so long!!"

He smiled, not hearing her voice in a while.

"So Shane... Anything "special" happen lately?"

She asked, exaggerating the word "special"

"No... Not that I recall..."

Shane answered. But he was smiling at me from ear to ear.

"Same..."

She said, sounding confused, probably thinking Shane was going to confront her.

"Do you want to come over to my house later?"

I asked her, and she answered, with a smile in her voice.

"Of course Shane!! I would love to! When would you like me to come?"

"Oh, anytime... Doesn't really matter, now's fine."

He answered, wanting her to come as soon as possible.

"Of course! See you soon!"

She said, hanging up. I was really nervous now, mostly for Shane. What WAS he going to tell her?

***Authors Note Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update last night I was so busy!! But I got a chapter up for you today!! Btw, I got to 2000 READS!! It's #Cray how fast they are going up!! I love you guys sooo much!! Comment and Vote, as it means soo much to me!! Love You! ~Shoey Shipper