_____________________________

I'm shaken awake. "Lucas. Lucas. Lucas!"
     "What!"
     "I've been trying to walk you up, Maya's— you ok?"
     "Sorry, just a nightmare. I'm fine. Wait, what about Maya? Is she ok!"
     "Dude, chill! She's fine. She just woke up and wants to see you." I bolt out of bed. I grab my Camp Half-Blood hoodie I bought recently. The uh, other one kinda, sorta, maybe got ruined. Just a little bit... I also grab the rose I got from Olympus. It's actually stayed in perfect health since we got back. I sprint out of the cabin and start heading to the infirmary. I'm about to walk in, but I quickly check myself in the window's reflection. I fix my hair and check my teeth. Ok, I'm good. Wait, pit check. Now I'm good. I'm about to walk in when I see her. She's smiling and talking to Missy. I quietly open the door and sneak in. Missy spots me and I put a finger to my mouth signaling that I'm gonna surprise her. She catches on and keeps Maya distracted. I set down the hoodie and rose and get closer. I get behind Maya and tickle her sides. She elbows my rib cage and grabs my arm. She flings me into the bed and holds her arm back. She looks like she's about to punch me. "Oh my gosh! Lucas!!" She jumps on me and gives me a hug.
     "For someone who's been unconscious for a few days, your reflexes are still pretty good," I laugh. I grab my ribcage, I think she bruised it. I smile and hug her back. I let go and stand up. "Now you can give me a proper hug." She smiles and gives me a really big hug. I wrap my arms around her. I spin her around and smile as I close my eyes. Even though she's been unconscious, she still smells good. Whatever Apollo did was a miracle. She smells kinda like apples. I hear Missy clear her throat, "Well, I think I'll be going now." She smiles at us and walks out. I spin Maya around one more time before I let her go.
     "What? Why are you looking at me like that," she smiles.
     "Nothing, it's just really good to see you." She starts blushing and I laugh. "Oh! I have something for you." I get up and get the hoodie and rose. "Close your eyes and hold out your hands." She smiles at me unsurely, but does what I asked. I hand her the hoodie and she opens her eyes.
     "Thank you so much Lucas! The other one, umm... Sorry about that one. But thank you! Now turn around."
     "What, why?"
     "I want to change out of this hospital gown. You don't wanna watch, do you?"
     "Well..." She playfully slaps my arm and I hold my arms in surrender. I turn around, but hear her struggling to untie the gown.
     "Umm, Lucas?"
     "I got it," I turn around to help, but see her in her bra and underwear. Woah. I think I'm kinda drooling.
     "Lucas!"
     "I'm sorry! I thought you needed help untying the gown!" I cover my eyes.
     "Well I was just going to ask if you could pass me the shorts over there." I look to see where she's pointing. Farkle left a pair of shorts here knowing she'd want to change when she woke up. I grab the shorts and toss them to her. But woah. She puts on her shorts and looks over at me. She catches me still staring and starts laughing, "What? You like what you see?" She starts posing like a model.
     "Yeah," I stare. "I mean no! I mean, just put a shirt on, it's getting distracting."
     "I can tell." She starts slowly approaching me. I know I should start backing up, but my feet are just stuck to the ground. She keeps walking towards me until she's standing in front of me. Next thing I know, a pillow gets shoved into my face. "You did know that you had the choice to turn around, right?"
     "Oh, right," I say into the pillow. I turn around and mentally face palm myself.
"Ok, you can turn around now." I turn around with the pillow still in my face. I feel so embarrassed right now. I hear her laugh. I feel her hands over mine and she lowers the pillow. My jaw drops. "Quit looking at me like that," she blushes.
     "I can't help it. You look beautiful. Only one thing could make it better."
     "The comfort of knowing you weren't just staring at me in my bra and underwear?"
"No, well yes. But that's not what I'm talking about," I awkwardly laugh. I get up and get the rose I got from Olympus. "Close your eyes." She closes her eyes and I wrap her fingers around the rose, being careful of the thorns. "There." I tuck her hair behind her ear, "Perfect." I look down at her and my smile gets bigger. She smells the rose. She looks up at me and bites her lip.
     "Thank you."
     "For what?"
     "I know you've been here sitting next to me day after day."
     "How?"
     "Farkle and Missy told me." Big mouths.
     "I wanted to be here for you when you woke up," I shrug. She steps closer to me.
     "Is that the only reason?"
     "W-W-Well y-yeah. No other r-reason," I stutter. She takes another step.
"Are you sure?" She keeps walking towards me until my back hits the wall.
"Yeah. I mean no! I mean maybe?" I squeak. She's really close. I can feel her breath on my face.
"Alrighty then. I'm fine. I've seen you. You can go now." She turns around and starts to walk back when I snap back into reality. What just happened?
"What just happened?" I run up next to her.
She shrugs, "You already did what you came to do. Plus what you might consider a little bonus." She looks over at me. I start to blush and she smiles. "You don't have to stay, I'm fine now." What's happening? One second she's flirting, and the next, I don't even know. Is she messing with me? "What?"
"Well what if I told you there was another reason I came."
I grab her arm, spin her around and bring her to me. She collides with my chest and starts laughing.
"What was the other one?"
"Do you want me to show you?"
"Sure, but I think I already know what it is." I start to lean in, and she does too. My hands go to her waist and her hands go on my arms. Her breath tickles my lips—
     "Hey, you guys, Chir– am I interrupting something?" Farkle asks. We jump apart and Maya coughs.
     "No, nothing at all." I says agitated. I've waited for days to kiss her again, and I was about to get my chance. He just has the best timing, huh?
     "Ok, well Chiron wanted to see Maya. He sent me to get her."
     "Ok, thanks Farkle. Lucas?" She gives me puppy dog eyes. "Please? Pretty pretty please!" She sticks out her lip. Ugh, she knows I can't resist.
     "Fine." I bend over.
     "Yay!" She jumps on my back. "Farkle, lead the way!"
     "Dude, you're too easy," Farkle laughs at me.
I nudge him and he puts his hands up in surrender. We head out to meet Chiron.