Just One Text, And I'm There

Ethan's POV

I need to see you

It was a simple text that made my heart beat at a rapid pace. Every part of my mind was second guessing the night of the kickback that happened yesterday. I was scared that he would regret kissing me or having anything to do with me. It was an insecurity of mine, not allowing myself to be good enough.

It was obvious me and Tobias were total opposites and I guess that's what attracted me. But what if it's not the same for him?

My thoughts were interrupted once again by the vibration of my cell. I looked down at my screen, to see it's another text from him. It was one word and the only word I needed to get up, change clothes, and ask Emily for the car keys.

Now.

That's all it took. I know I only have my learners but Tobias didn't live far and I only had to drive through neighborhoods, where police barely patrol. He was worth it. And it sounds stupid since I've only known him for a small amount of time but the feeling I felt when I was around him, was a feeling I couldn't even explain.

I sped down the stairs and out the door in record time. It was kinda pathetic really, rushing out the house over a text being sent to me 10 mins ago and possibly not being able to get my license, if I were to get stopped. But I still drove, and I texted him once I was outside.

My phone buzzed again and it was once again a text from Tobias.

No ones here.

It was 12 in the morning and the idea of no one except him being home was very odd but being the love struck I was, I turned off the engine and pushed the keys in my left pocket before leaving the car and walking up to his door.

I didn't even have to walk fully up before the door opened, a red-eyed Tobias standing at the door.

"Hey." Right as I said this, a big golden retriever comes wagging his tail towards me. I've always been a fan of dogs and so I immediately bent down to pet it.

"Hey." Tobias choked out, "Rocky, come in boy."

The dog obeyed and went running back in the house, turning a corner. I looked up at Tobias before I wrapped my arm behind his back and hugged him quickly

"What happened?" I whispered.

"Uh, nothing," he stumbled his way to close the door, and that's when I knew. He was drunk. And he drunk texted me. Then I noticed his red eyes and knew it was because he was high too. What the hell was this ?! Before anything can process in my mind, Tobias shoved everything on the night stand, sending it flying across the room.

"Toby!"

"Shut up!" He growled. And that's exactly what I did. I've never met this Tobias and right here, right now, I don't know what his intentions are.

But with a blink of an eye, his stalked his way toward me. My first instinct was to back away but of course the arm rest of the couch didn't let me go far.

"It's you. . . You. . . keep fucking my shit up." He hissed.

As I looked around, empty bottles; covered the kitchen table.

This wasn't sober Tobias. Sober Tobias wouldn't text me at 12 o'clock in the morning, while his parents were somewhere doing god knows what. Either way. . . I couldn't leave this Tobias alone.

"Messing what up?" I asked cautiously.

"Everything!" He took a moment, a long moment before looking me in the eyes, "You don't know how hard I've been taking the break with Michelle and you come into my life screwing with my head, kissing me, making me feel—"

"Toby. . . Why am I here?" If I was here to be rejected, then it could've happened over the phone.

"I don't know!" He shouted over me, "I don't fucking know." This time you can tell by his voice, he gave up. On what? I don't know.

"Look, I apologized for that night at the party. If staying away from you is what you want, then—"

"That's the funny part," he began to make his way closer to me, close to the point where I could smell the vodka from between his lips, "I don't." He said, looking deep into my soul.

"You don't what?" I asked slowly.

"I, don't want you to stay away. I want you here, with me. All the fucking time. And I don't know why," just by his face, you could tell how genuine he was, "Usually I hate spending more than an afternoon with Dylan and Cameron but with you..... I want to spend the day with you, and talk, and. . . I don't know."

"You do know." I reassured. It hurts that he couldn't just say it because then I'm left thinking the impossible.

But then he did. . . what I thought was the impossible.

He kissed me.

________
A/N

WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Anyways, thank you for waiting patiently. I've re written this chapter so many times. From the original, to him possible having a meltdown (that's why he called Ethan) etc etc. but I like the way this came out.

But who here finished 13 reasons why??  I reallly just want to rant like three pages long but uggghhh, I need to finish this book so for now, my rants are to a minimum. I finished about a week ago and I'm still hooked. I might just re watch the series again.