Memorable

Ethan's POV

The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. The birthday party was like a barbecue, with tons of burgers and hotdogs to choose from. The kids had a unicorn piñata to hit at, and to feast off of with all the candy that spilled out. While Bryan kept making looks at me every now and then, I kept my focus on Tobias who was taking family photos behind the birthday cake table. Seeing his mom, dad, baby sister, and him all together, you can definitely tell that he looked more like their mother and Tracy looked more like their dad.

I excused myself and made my way to the bathroom, but before I could go, Bryan stopped me.

"Hey." He said with a smile. He was holding a cup and lifted it to his full lips and took a sip.

"Hi." Remembering our conversation from earlier, I was hoping things went okay, "everything okay?"

"Yeah, a little. His avoiding me but it's better than him slandering me because I'm gay." He said with a fake spooky voice. I smiled and noticed he stepped a little closer, "but I mean, what's so bad about liking cute boys like you?"

My first instinct was to awkwardly laugh but then I realized he complimented me and immediately started to blush. No guy has ever complimented me this much in such a short time of meeting me. I don't know if I should be flattered or creeped out.

"Awe, the cute boy blushes?" I looked up and noticed his teasing eyes move in closer. So close to the point where his breath gave me goosebumps. I was stupid enough to think he'd kiss me but I was surprised when he moved to my ear, "but you're off limits."

Off limits ? Why would I be. . .

"Hey."

I flinched at Tobias' voice and stepped away from Bryan. He always catches us at the wrong moment, why?!

"Uh, hi." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly while still wondering why I haven't gone to the bathroom.

"Ronnie's having a small kickback right now at his place, he wants to know if we want to swing by."

"But it's your sisters birthday. Do you really want to leave ?"

"After cake we'll go."

Should I? After the party I was going to go home but what's fun about that? I finally have a chance to be social, and I'm not going to pass that up. Especially if it means I get to spend more time with Tobias.

"Okay."

+

Seeing Ronnie's house again, I still have yet to not be star struck. His house is just straight out of a movie. Not like Beverly Hills mansion but big enough house to have you in awe. We took a Lyft over to Ronnie's and although I wanted to order it on my phone and pay, Tobias insisted on ordering it first than me. I made my way to Ronnie's front door with Tobias right by my side. Bryan decided to stay since his family had to go to a hotel. Turns out his family came in town specifically for Tracy's birthday which I think was really sweet.

The door slammed open and right in front of us stood a wet Ronnie, "hey!" He dragged, "you guys came!"

"And you're already drunk?" Tobias deadpanned.