Chapter 7: Lost, Hurt and Revelation

Start from the beginning

"We'll be coming for you soon Gemma, very soon", he emphasizes and disappears completely this time.

What the fuck?

-----------------------------------------------------

I wake up with in fright. I untangle my legs from the sheets that I tied up in and look around frantically.

Druce is nowhere in sight. I get up and rush to the door, opening it quickly and stepping outside. I stand in the empty hall and look around, unsure of where to go.

A desperate cry leaves my mouth and I stumble backwards, slamming into the wall. Oh God, he's dead. He's dead and I didn't get to see his beautiful face one last time.

I cry louder, until my head hurts and my throat becomes dry. Just as I am about to stand up to go inside, having accepted his death, I see the silhouette of a person, a man, running towards me at inhuman speed.

The man stops in front of me, searching me from head to toes with frantic eyes. Again remember the really slow brain.

I stare at him questioningly, then in shock and finally happiness when it registers in my brain that Druce isn't dead. He is alive and well, very well.

I throw myself at him, sobbing loudly. He hold me up in his arms and I cry, grabbing onto him tightly, afraid he'll leave again.

I inhale his refreshing scent and push myself to him even more, leaving no space between us.

I pull back and search his face, checking him for any sight of harm. Not seeing any, I sigh and hug him again.

"Where were you? I woke up and you weren't there. I was so scared, I thought something happened to you", I say still holding unto him tightly. He pulls back and I release him. He looks at me, obviously amused.

"Is that why you were crying?" he asks and I nod my head, blushing profusely.

"I see. I felt you crying through the, I mean I heard you shouting my name, so I ran here", he finishes off lamely. I look at him suspiciously.

He walks us into the room, as I am still tightly secured in his arms, and sets me down on the bed. I smile up at him gratefully.

"Druce, what's a mate?" I ask him and his entire posture freezes, something thats never happened before. I instantly know this is an important subject, one he is uncomfortable with.

He looks nervous and I gawk at him. I take a picture and store it, mentally.

"Where did you hear that", he ask and I shake my head. Typical.

"That doesn't matter, it's silly. Now stop stalling and answer my question". I stare at him, daring him to not answer.

He strolls away from me confidently to the door and looks at me.

"Take a shower, I'll be in the kitchen. Be sure to brush your teeth, you have terrible morning breath". He says stepping outside the room and closing the door behind him.

--------------------------------------------------------

After I recovered from my mini heart attack, I took a shower. And yes, I did brush my teeth. I dressed and left the room.

I descend the stairs and go straight into the kitchen, surprised out of this world when I see a man raiding the big stainless steel refrigerator. He is busily whistling to a tune and I watch him interestingly.

He stands up and closes the door. He turns around and when he spots me, he freezes.

I don't know what really happened after that, but I do recollect seeing him lifting his hand and letting go of something.