Chapter 10

Lexi's POV
She shook her head really fast. When I let go of her hair she and her friends ran off. "I can protect myself! I don't need your help!" Jenny said. "You were being bullied!" I told her. "I'm don't need you to take care of me!" "I'm trying to keep you safe! Sorry for being concerned!" "Guys can we not yell, it's causing people to look at us." Reid said. I looked around and back at her, "Come with me." I said. "No-" "I need to tell you something about our case." I whispered and pulled her behind me. I pulled her into the girls bathroom, checked all the stalls, then locked the doors. "What the hell!?" Jenny said loudly. "She! Now, I need to tell you this in private so nobody else could hear. But the unsub is killing girls that look like you, so you're a potential victim. And I don't want you to die." Her eyes softened and her breathing picked up. "Oh on! Whatever shall I do? I might need a overly strong female FBI agent to protect me with sidekick the bean pole!" She said sarcasticly. "Look I'm trying to help you." "News flash I don't need help." "Fine! This is what I get for being nice." I unlocked the door and stormed out.

Reid's POV
I saw Lexi storm out of the girls bathroom, and had to jog to catch up with her. She was mumbling to herself. "Are you okay?" "I don't think I can do this job anymore, Spence." I looked wide-eyed at her. "But you love this job. I can see it in your eyes, the look you get when we get to meet new people, you're always ready for anything. There's nothing you can't do, you try to save people, and you're not as tough as you want people to believe emotionally anyway. But that's what makes you, well you." I could ramble about her forever. "Do you really believe that?" She asked softly. I lifted her head "Absolutely, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true." I kept looking into her eyes, wondering why she did see what I saw. "We should uh, probably get back to work." She whispered. "Yeah, probably." My eyes flicked to her lips and back to here eyes. I leaned in and gently kissed her lips....