[3:Nerdy]

James' POV
I gaze out of the coach window, while the rest of my class jump around the bus.

"Settle down third year! Settle down!" Mr Robinson yells up to the back. "Josh! Give Alana her iPod back right now!"

I hunch up so as not to get my arm torn off by Mark or Henry, who are running up and down the isle.

When will this terror be over?

"Hey Nerd!" Josh jumps onto the seat beside me. "Why don't you read one of your sci-fi classics or write a song? NERD!" He nearly punches me in the face but then he runs back up to the back of the bus again.

Why did I choose to sit so near the back?

"EVERYONE SIT DOWN!" Mr Robinson screams. The whole bus goes quiet. "NOW! And if you want to talk, talk quietly!"

April sits down beside me but she leans away from me to talk to everyone but me.

Yeah, I'm just the nerd. The unpopular loser who prefers 80s music and films to everything else.

I sit back, still facing the window, and close my eyes. This is gonna be a long trip to Molesey.

———————————

I wake up to the sound of cheers.

"YEAH! We're finally in this shithole!" Josh yells.

"JOSH! Watch your language!" Mr Robinson screams.

I gaze out of the coach window, and see all of the Sylvia Young's pupils in their school playground. I can't help staring at this one boy.

Wow! He's fit!

He has a bleached white streak going up the left side of of his hair. We make eye contact.

Oh my word his eyes are beautiful!

He is quickly distracted by his girlfriend wrapping her arms around his neck. He smiles, turns to round to her but turns back to me straight after.

"Oh I know her! Ellen Stevenson, and her boyfriend Matt Willis! Honestly I don't think they'll last long, she's not Matt's type of girl, plus he's broken loads of hearts already!" April glances over my shoulder.

"Guys! James is eyeing up Ellen Stevenson!" Josh comes over. "You've got no chance mate. She's got a boyfriend!"

What a twatbag! I wasn't eyeing up Mel! I'm after her boyfriend, Matt Willis..

He's so cool though..

We arrive at the forest and it's pouring down. I can't stop thinking about him! The way he looked at me. He dismissed his girlfriend just to look at me!

God he's so beautiful!

"Hey dumbass! We're here already!"

"Come on James, our group's waiting!"

"Earth to nerd! Earth to nerd! Stop thinking about Mel! You're not cool enough for her! And she's taken!" I jump out of my daze and everyone's laughing at me.

Shit! Josh is in my group!

I get up and Josh moves his face into mine.

"My team better not lose because of you. Space Boy!" He trips me up, making me fall down the isle of the bus. Everyone laughs again.

"Everyone pick a leader for your team." Mr Robinson said. I space out again.

Maybe I am just a loser spacer kid! Why would a guy as popular and good looking as Matt Willis like me? Never mind fancy me. Sure, even my best friend left me...

"All in favour of me being leader, put your hands up!!" Josh boasts. Everyone except me puts up their hands. "Ahem! James!" I daze some more. "Uhh.. SPACE BOY!" I go bright red and throw my hand up in the air.

This is gonna be a long geography lesson..

A/N

If you haven't realised already (but you probably have) the italics are the narrators thoughts. Just thought I'd tell your that.

Also, I will only be updating at the weekend, Tuesday's and Thursday's.

I hope you're enjoying this story so far, don't forget to vote and comment because I probably look like a loner talking to herself 😂

Thanks guyss!! Éirinn xx