Chapter Nineteen: The Past

I couldn't understand what was going on! One minute I was asleep in my bed, the next I'm wondering the Forbidden Forest, heading straight for the hidden graveyard. I didn't know how to explain it, but I felt like someone was trying to find me. I heard someone scream and I spun around. I saw a girl, wearing the same dress as the skeleton from the graveyard.

"God dammit, Scarlett! Must you be so stupid!" I heard a girl scream in terror and pain. I ran towards them and saw a girl with brownish hair with a large group of cloaked figures. One stepped up and grabbed her shoulder.

"Melanie, stop," the voice said. She jerked from his grasp.

"Shut up, Alexander!" She continued to torture the poor girl. I was amongst the group and I found that I could walk right through them. I saw the poor girl, beaten bloody and her hair matted with dirt. She.was crying.

"Stop it!" I yelled at the girl. She didn't listen. I went to grab her, but couldn't, but Alexander did. His wand lit her face and I gasped. It was me. Or an older version of me. I jumped back and looked at the poor girl. After she was done being tortured, the group left them. I caught a glimpse of Alexander and gasped. He looked just like Severus. I looked down at the little girl and saw that she was passed out.

I heard someone coming and someone in a dark green cloak came down the hill, a dagger in hand. The girl's breathing was heavy and uneven. The hooded figure stabbed the poor girl repeatedly, killing her. The blood gushed from her stomach as she bled out. I cried out, begging for her to stop. She dipped her fingers in Melanie's blood and wrote on a piece of parchment.

I fingered the now aged note in my pocket. I already knew what it said. This girl had framed those kids. I could hear the nearly dead girl mumbling something in a different language. It was the curse, that would end me for good. I knelt down beside her. "I know you can't hear me, but they didn't kill you. There was this person with a green cloak on and she stabbed you...but what's the use? You have probably died by now...and I'm sorry." I began to cry. "But if you saw it you wouldn't be thinking this." I wiped away my tears and fell back. I was in my own body, but it was hard to move.

I knew what had happened. I has seen the reflection of a basilisk.