Chapter 8: Letters-Severus

When we arrived at the train station, Hemione descended the stairs with her other classmates. I walked passed the students to the castle. I saw Minerva, she looked beyond angry. "Hello, Minerva," I greeted her with a smirk. Her lips were pursed and her nostrils were flared in anger. She thrusted a letter at me.

"This came for to me by mistake. You'd better get your priorities straight, Severus," she said sternly. She turned on her heel and made her way to the Great Hall. I looked at the letter and recognized the handwriting. It was from Bellatrix Lestrange, my fiancee. Or my former fiancee I should say, seeing as how she was arrested shortly after I proposed to her. I knew what Minerva was thinking, she thought that I was going to marry Bellatrix and string Hermione along. I rushed to my chambers and threw my things onto my bed.

I tore open the letter and quickly read it.

My Darling Severus,

Azkaban is getting colder and colder without your strong arms to hold me close to your ever beating heart. I've missed you dearly, my love. I hope that when the Dark Lord rises again, that we will be together once more. I hope that you haven't given up hope that I will be coming back for you. I can't wait for the wedding. I don't know when we will have time to get married but I know that the Dark Lord would be more than happy to wed us.

He may not be a minister, but he is our Lord. My father has long since passed, so Lucius will have to give me away and Narcissa will be my maid of honor. How has my sister been? And my favorite nephew? Draco hasn't been causing trouble now has he? My word that boy was such a troublemaker when he was young. I hope to hear from you soon my love. Fudge is only allowing me to write to you, because he doesn't want a mad witch in his prison. Please write, Severus, it gives me hope that one day we will be together again.

Love,

Bella

I sighed loudly and walked into my study. I tossed the letter onto the table and got myself a shot of fire whiskey. I hurried upstairs to the Great Hall. I ran into Minerva, and she still looked pretty peeved. I stepped beside her and tried to talk to her. "Listern, Minerva, you have to let me explain," I told her. She looked at me, her eyes gleaming in the candles.

"Severus, you don't have to explain anything to me, but if you break Hermione's heart, I will kill you. I don't know why you are still with Bellatrix, but either you end it with her...or you stop trying to be with Hermione," she replied. I nodded my head and walked into the Great Hall. Dumbledore turned and looked at me.

"Hello, Severus, I trust that you received your letter?" he asked. I wanted to slap him. I couldn't believe Minerva would tell him anything about that letter.

"Yes, Albus, I did," I replied.

"Do you intend on telling Miss Granger?"

"Shouldn't you be snogging Minerva?" It was a rude comment, but I didn't care. It wasn't his business, when it came to me and Hermione. I left and headed to my place at the Head Table. Sixth and Seventh years flowed in through the doors. This bloke in gold approached me. He stuck his hand out to me.

"Gilderoy Lockhart. Perhaps you have heard of me," he said kindly. He was bragging. I took his hand and squeezed as hard as I could. He yanked his hand back from me. He looked stunned.

"Severus Snape," I replied smugly. He took off for his seat and sat down. I sat back and let out a huge sigh of relief. That bloke was a womanizer. I've had drinks with him before. He managed to get four women to go to bed with him in the same night. I hoped that he wouldn't go for any of the female students. Especially Hermione. Then came all the fifth, fourth, third, and second years. They seated themselves and then Minerva led the first years to the front of the room.

I watched the Sorting, being bored out of my mind. I just wanted to take Hermione and go back to my chambers. If only we weren't an illegal thing. I looked over at Gilderoy, and nearly killed him. I swear he was staring at Hermione.