2.

I woke up in my room with a little light on the far right corner of my desk. I sat up holding my side from the pain from the bruises left on my body. I looked around the room and saw my brother asleep on my bean bag. I slipped out of my bed and tip toed to the bathroom to clean up my wounds. I slipped into some comfortable clothes (a/n: outfit above) and quietly walked down stairs. I saw my parents on the couch asleep, the smell of the alcohol burned inside my nostrils that I still never get used to. I walked to the kitchen to get an ice pack, I grabbed an first aid kit and some pain killers just in case. I walked back upstairs to see my brother on his phone. "Hey y/n." He croaked out. I turned on the lights and saw his black eye and busted lip, I approach him and touch his face. "Jaime, when was this? And who did it? You got pretty beaten up there." He chuckled. "I got in a little fight, and they got me pretty good." He looked nervous, he's hiding something. "Oh okay, be careful next time," I responded by pulling him into a hug. I smelled his jacket and pushed him off. "You lied to me, tell me the truth. Are you selling weed again!?" I asked with an angry tone. He shook his head. He's starting to push my button. "JAIME DONT FUCKING LIE TO ME! Are you!!" I yelled out, pushing him roughly. "Yes y/n I am, I've been for a while and I do have something to say." I felt tears rushing down my face, it all hit me. "Is all the stuff you bought me from that drug money?" He nodded, looking at the floor. I felt so guilty, thinking i had finally bought me something I don't have to steal or borrow, yet now it's from something my whole family could get killed from? I felt more tears flow down my cheeks. I looked at him and tried to speak without my voice cracking. "Why? Why Jaime! It's fucked up for lying to me! You're all I have and trust! Why are you doing this' you said you had a job and you are making good money! Why did you have to lie to me!" I cried out. He looked at me in the eyes and sighed "y/n listen to me right now, It's important" he spoke as I sat down on the bed listening. He sat next to me and held my hand. "I sold 120pounds of marijuana to the the Devils eyes gang leader, and it didn't turn out well, a roach from the delivery only gave half of it to the leader and now he's after me. We have to stay alert so nothing could happen to u- he was cut off by flying bullets entering the windows and walls. Jaime tackled me and kept his body over me, he pushed me behind the dresser and held me close for cover. All the thoughts I hate on suicide is now gone. I don't wanna die now not like this either. After 5 solid minutes of the constant shooting, it all went to silence. All I could hear is my brother and I's breathing. Jaime got up to peek out the window to see if it's okay to get up. "Psst it's okay,get up," he whispered out. I got up and looked at him terrified. "Wh-what are we gonna do now?" I asked trembling. Jaime went into my closet and threw out my old boxing duffle bag and a backpack. He looked at me with fear in his eyes and said, "we're leaving right now, pack go to my room when you're done." I grabbed my duffle bag and stuffed as much clothes as possible, and stuffed my laptop, and my camera inside my backpack. I threw on a hoodie and walked to Jaime's room. I opened the door with my back, I saw him walking up towards me. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded. We walked down stairs, and what I saw changed me forever and made my whole world crash into pieces. There laid my mom and dad with 2 or 3 bullets in their lifeless bodies. I screamed out so many things while running towards them, I held them so tight, screaming out to my brother with tears rushing down his face. "DO SOMETHING JAIME! HELP ME! WHY!!!" After what seemed hours which was only minuets. Jaime finally spoke out "we should go now." Not with a response, I ran up into his arms breaking down in tears. He picked my head up to look at him. "Listen y/n, we can't be here we need to leave now! I promise you we'll find happy again, I promise now let's go." I nodded and walked out with him. I had around 900$ saved up for a class I would be taking extra in college but it's no use now. Jaime and I was walking down the street for 4 hours now. It's now currently 2am in the morning, we have no where to stay. We decided to head to Miami,Florida to start new with our god parents. We found a gas station with a public restroom on the outside. "Y/n go ahead and wash up I'll be in the store getting snacks." I nodded and walked to the restroom.
Jaime's POV
I let Y/n go wash up, so she won't feel so down and dirty. I felt bad for my parents they are still there dead and we can't do nothing about it. I can't call the cops because there's rats that snitch the leaders targets and it leads to him. I could see pain inside of Y/n's y/e/c eyes. I walked into the store and bought a couple things for y/n and I to eat on the way to the grey hound. I finished paying and I saw a black Dodge Ram outside with some young men. I looked more closely at one. SHIT! it's the Devils eye. You can tell when they have a Devils head shape as a symbol either on their arm printed big or on the right corner of the left eye. I tried to run to find cover but the cashier was talking to them, I heard the Arabian man begging the gang members to stop. I hide behind the aisles that lead to the front door. I hit the doors, I ran like never before. I ran until I heard 4 gunshots.
Your POV
I was washing up and cleaning my scars and bruises. I looked at myself in the mirror, hating myself for what I am. I felt tears fall from my cheeks. I quickly wiped them off and I was about to open the door till I heard 4 gunshots and tires screeching. I ran out and saw my brother I love with everything I have. On the floor, gasping for air. I ran towards him and held him close, I cried and looked at him. "Baby boy it's gonna be okay, don't leave me please. Don't go. You're all I have brother! Remember how we planned to go to Miami and meet 2 beautiful girls and talk about how we gonna marry them and have good jobs and wonderful kids so we can brag on who's kid is better, Jaime don't go! Remember how you promised to start new! Yet new with me! A new page in the book I can't turn the page if your not gonna be in it, don't go.. Please.." I looked down to see him gasping for air, he tried to speak. "Y/n... Start new without me.. I love you.. I'll always be in your hea-..." I saw his last tear slip out of his eyes as he took his last breath. My brother, my 2nd dad, my bestfriend.. My Jaime.. He's gone.. This Devils eye shit gag took everyone away from me. No matter what I want him to feel and get the same treatment if it's the last fucking thing I do.

••••••
A/n: HI THERE! I really love this book I'm writing. Well I'll be doing one more chap. Bc why the hell not! Please vote and comment
Peace out- Saleen