The Kiss (Aurora's POV)

I had crawled out of the air infiltrated system out into the kitchen. Listening for any noise I slowly and carefully edged myslef down on the kitchen table. The table which must have been old, suddenly broke out from under me.

Crash!

I lay on top of the ruins of the table praying that nobody heard me. I guess I wasn't lucky enough though because a leftover soldier ran in the room seeing me on a pile of what used to be a table.

"Sir, I believe to have found the suspect. Over" He called in his microphone.

So, he doesn't know for sure that I am the "suspect".

I used this as a advantage.

"Please don't hurt me, I am just a poor begger girl who was hoping to steal a few pieces of bread from this house's kitchen. I didn't know Rose had company over. Please don't kill me. I said in my sweetest kid voice.

I had apparently confused the soldier. He was silent then reached into his pocket. Pulling out my mother's shoe. I gulped.

"We've been trying this shoe on every girl in the city. If it fits you then you then I will have to take you in. If not I will let you go." He said.

Crap...

He reached down and placed it on my foot. It was a perfect fit. I winced. Even though I had known it would have fit I was hoping that maybe my feet had shrunk or something.

He pulled out his tranqualizer gun and shot me right in the arm before I could do anything. Calling in back up as I tried to pull the dart out, but he held my arm down.

I tried to stay awake,but it was no use.

I was out like a light.
♢♢♢♢
I woke up in a night gown chained to a wall. A signal lightbulb lit the room. My head hurt a ton, from what I wasn't sure.

I was in a concrete room. A single steel door was on one side and I was on the other. That was pretty much it.

The door swung open and appeared a preppy blond chick in her thirtys. She was tall and had glasses.

"Hi sweetie, my name is Tiffany. I'm incharge of watching over you till the set up the next cooling chamber. " she said in a really happy voice.

"Lets see, it says here that your name is Aurora Peterson. Your mom di..." She said as I cut her off.

"Okay, look lady cut the talk. I know that whatever a cooling chamber is that its not good. I also know my past, so if you don't mind I was wondering if I could borrow you pen." I remarked.

She was stunned. I guess not to many people talk back to her.

"This old thing?" She said pointing at her pen. "I guess so, here."

She handed it over to me and I started sawing away at the rusty chains with the pen.

Thank goodness I was paired up with someone dumb. I gotta distract her now though.

"So, what exactly is a cooling chamber?" I asked finally breaking the first chain.

"Well, it's this really cool invention Dr.Anderson made. It basically gets rid of all the vital nutrients in the body and stores it for later use. How do you think we cured cancer?" She stated.

"Cool, so what do you need us for then?" I innocently asked.

I was almost halfway through on the other cuff.

"Oh, you guys are the bodys we are taking nutrients from ,but its very painful. Luckily for you guys Dr.Anderson created a way to put you on a deep sleep so you don't feel anything."She asserted.

I finnally broke through the chain and jumped at Tiffany. She sadly jumped back and hit her head on the celling. Knocking herself unconscious.

That was easy.

I searched for any weapons and found a pistol that she probably didn't know how to use.

I opened the steel door with my keys and found myself in a room filled with chambers of children with their eyes shut.

I shuddered.

I know she had warned me about this,but this is terrifying.

I scoured the chambers for Chris. Heartbreakingly looking at each of the kids faces. At the end of the room was a bed with leather chains on it. Machines surrounded it. I decided to avoid that area and kept searching. They probably had found Tiffany already and were now looking for me.

Just when I was about to give up I found Chris. He was completely out and was pale. I pressed the Relase button and watched as he desended out of the chamber.

I remembered what Tiffany said about waking him up, but I had to try. I pushed him, tickled, screamed and punched. Nothing worked. I was devastated. I realized I had fallen in love with Chris.

In a last ditch effort I kissed him. Pouring all my grief into his motionless body. It felt amazing, and was everything I dreamed it would be.

I stood up and wiped my tears. They would be coming soon and I knew that I needed to get out of here. I took one last look at Chris and turned to leave.

"Au-ro-ra? Is that you?" A voice called.

I turned around and my heart stopped. Chris was awake and sitting up from his chair.