Case 1: Voodoo Dolls part 2

Start from the beginning

Naru was completely silent over what happened, he kept on visiting base in his pajama rather than sleeping inside the room with a separate bed from Mai.

"What happened earlier?" Naru flinched about Yasuhara's question. "The line connected to the dormitory is under maintenance, that means there would be frequent brown outs here" Lin responded. "Is Mai okay? I heard a scream earlier" Yasuhara asked once again. Lin nodded with a curve on his lip, he was teasing Naru with his expression.

"Aren't you planning on going to bed Naru?" Yasuhara asked the young man smiling, Naru simply ignored him while Bou-san and Lin shared an eye contact with tease. Bou-san walked over to the part time researcher and whispered some things in his ear. "Mai's alone in the room right? I'll go ahead too bed if Naru keeps on going here" Yasuhara looked at Naru from the corner of his eyes. Naru notices it and felt a bit embarrassed. He placed the chart down and then walked to the door.

"I'm going to bed" He said with a rather grumpy tone. Lin, Bou-san and Yasuhara shared a small laugh together. It was quite surprising for Lin to laugh with them, but he saw what Naru was doing with Mai, he needed to pay back what Naru did to him.

Mai was faking her sleep, she was trying her best to sleep but she couldn't sleep at all. She was having trouble, right after what happened earlier she started to curse herself for not bringing a towel and taking advantage of the situation. Mai saw a shadow beneath the door. She closed her eyes and listened to the sound of the door as it opened.

Naru entered the room with a sigh and closed it. He was about to walk over to his bed, but stopped as he stared at Mai sleeping. He smirked and said. "You're not sleeping. I can tell." Naru said. Mai didn't move a muscle, she just acted as if she was sleeping, but she forgot her way of sleeping, she usually talk in her sleep.

Naru just let the young woman be and went ahead to his bed. He laid down and wrapped himself with the thick blanket and finally went to bed.

Mai woke up in a rather different atmosphere, she was inside a room. A room where it had 2 double deck inside. She slowly stood up and walked over to the drawer. On top of the drawer she saw a photo, a young boy who had features of a woman. Mai slowly shifted her attention to a young girl about 12 years old, walking inside the room carrying a doll. The doll she was carrying was made of cloth. It had light brown as its hair, and was wearing the academy's uniform. The young girl stood in front of Mai mumbling something to her. Mai wanted to walk over to the child, but then she was pulled back. She was pulled back by none other than Gene. Mai turned around seeing the man in his dreams, I mean literally. She turned to the young girl again, but she disappeared. Gene walked to the window and jumped down landing on the ground with his two feet. He looked up to the window and reached his arm out to the brunette. Mai jumped as well and held his hand. They both walked towards the nearby forest inside the academy.

"Mai" Gene with a faint voice finally spoke her name. Mai looked at him as they were walking.

"Your friends are in danger here" He warned.

"What? So I'm not in any danger?" She asked with a look of relief.

"Naru, Lin, Takigawa-san, Brown-san and Yasuhara they are all in danger." Gene said as the environment shifted. Mai looked over at the side and saw the young girl once again. She was singing something. It was no song that she heard of before. It was not even Japanese.

"Gene, Why are they in danger?" Mai asked as her surroundings started to crumble. She soon was falling down from a tunnel. When she opened her eyes she looked around and took notice of the place. It looked like a basement. It had a sewing machine inside. The shelves were empty but clean, it was as if there used to be an object sitting on top of it. Mai's sight started to blur as she was being pulled back to reality.

Her eyes swiftly opened when she saw Naru looking down on him. Mai suddenly flushed as she remembered their moment earlier. She covered her face and then she slowly sat up. Naru looked at her and thought of her as silly. He sighed and stood up.

"You murmured my brother's name earlier. That dream must be important." Naru crossed his arms and waited for her answer.

"Right after, I sleep again. You woke me up for that reason?" Mai laid down again.

"I paid you for that reason. It means it's very important to tell me what happened"

Mai covered herself with the sheets and refused him. Naru didn't like the idea of Mai being so immature now. He really didn't want anything related to the case, what he really wanted was to know how his brother was doing.

"He said that the guys are in trouble." Mai finally pushed through. Naru gave out a smirk.

"He doesn't trust me, I am very powerful" Naru boasted. Mai sat up pushing the thick blanket in front.

"Since I won't be much of a trouble, which means I'll be the only one protecting you" Mai smiled and Naru pushed her hard to lay her back.

"Yeah, right." Naru rolled his eyes and walked back to his bed.

"What do you mean, he won't wake up?!" Lin asked angrily to Monk outside the room. Mai slowly opened her eyes and blinked seeing Naru sleeping on his bed. She rubbed her eyes and slowly walked over to him. She looked at the watch and to her surprise it was already 11:00 in the morning. Mai shook his shoulder. "Naru wake up..." Mai said as she tried to wake herself up asleep. Mai blinked once more and notices something was wrong with Naru.

"Naru wake up!" Mai yelled as she used her force to move his body. His body shifted to the side and Mai found a mark behind it. She gasped and rushly ran outside with tears rolling down her face and her hands covering her mouth.

"Taniyama-san?" Lin looked at her crying and rushed towards Naru. He noticed the markings as well. Lin placed a charm over his head. It was as if it all happened again. He looked down and calmed down Mai.

Mai walked over to her bed and slowly laid down on the pillow until she heard Naru's voice saying. "Ouch, your head is really heavy for a slim woman" Mai flinched as she sat up and looked around.

"Over here, idiot" the voice source was actually the pillow. "Naru, you turned to a pillow?" Mai raised her eyebrows. "Take the pillow off, airhead" the voice said with a groan and then pant. Mai took off the pillow and to her surprise, she saw a doll. A doll wearing all black, he had a small hand with no fingers, he also has the same style of clothes that Naru usually wear, he had his raven colour hair and lastly, he has that deep blue circles. The doll moved its cloth arms and his expression on his face turned mad.

"Whoever did this, I'd like to meet, Mai" The doll spoke.