25; Break ups, phone calls, and awkward chats

Start from the beginning

"I want you to tell me the truth!" She cries. "I thought we were getting serious."

I look sideways at her. "You thought that? Oh ..."

Her eyes widen. "You are unbelievable," she spits, turning towards the door. I immediately pull her back.

"Britt, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that, come here." I kiss her gently and her body relaxes underneath mine, but only for a second. She then pulls away and I try and grab her again to plant another kiss.

"I can't do this," she says, shaking her head slightly. "I need to go."

"Nonono, wait. No, come on! Brittany!"

She opens the door and halts, thinking things over. She looks back at me, her eyes a little sad, and it's the first time I've ever seen them like that. "What do you think of me?" She asks honestly. "Do you love me?"

The question nearly makes me fall right over. Love? Is she honestly serious? We're not even dating. I thought we had agreed that this was strictly a friends with benefits kind of thing. No strings attached; no complications. It was a mutual decision, wasn't it? I look directly at her. "No?" I say, a little confused.

She pulls in her lip and looks away, giving a faint smile. "Fuck you, Zayn," she says before storming through the door, so fast that she knocks into Niall who's just coming in. He stumbles back and follows Brittany with his eyes, eyebrows raised. "Woah!"

I just stare at the door and try and run things over in my head. I'm totally confused. What the fuck just happened? Does this mean Brittany and I are done? I really hope not, I mean, that body of hers is hard to find on others.

"Alright," Niall says to me. "What did you do?"

I turn to him, totally baffled. "Wha-What makes you think I did something?"

He just looks at me.

I stare back until I break. "Okay! I did!" I run my hands through my hair and take steps around the room. "But, I have no idea what I did. Maybe it's her time of the month?"

Niall takes a deep sigh. "Oh, Zayn-o," he says, shaking his head. "You are the worst boyfriend ever."

"For fuck sakes, am I the only one that thought we weren't dating?"

"You think that she wouldn't want to date you?" Niall walks over to his dresser and takes off his school shirt. "Mate, look at yourself. I wanna date you."

I blink. "Maybe you should put a shirt on," I tell him.

"Right, right. Sorry. Not gay or anything."

"Starting to think otherwise, Niall."

He slips on a fresh shirt and turns to me, in complete seriousness. "I think you should go after her."