14.

Sydney is lying on the floor. Axl's gone past her room a few times without noticing her, but about ten minutes ago he saw her. Her legs are up against the wall and her torso is sprawled on the soft, purple carpet. "Fucking actors." He muttered under his breath, running a hand through his blonde hair before making his way to his own room to film a video.

She didn't even hear him, instead continuing to stare pointlessly at the white ceiling, thinking. Her mind went through everything besides the one thing the blonde actually wanted to think about. She thinks of Jaxon and Thea. How glad she is that they are finally together, after a year of pushing. Ironic, since that's what they're trying to do to her.

She thinks of her parents. Of how she hasn't called them in a while. Her mom probably doesn't want to worry her 'friends', instead caring more about appearances, choosing to silently live in a home that is most likely vacant, since her dad is probably one business trip too busy to remember his family. They've trusted Axl to take care of her alone in Atlanta since he turned eighteen, though he's been the one to actually care about her for a while longer.

She thinks of Elijah. She doesn't want to, but she does. She thinks of how happy they used to be. She thinks of how jealous he was. She thinks of how he ended up being the one who betrayed her.

She thinks of her own 'friends' back home. She doesn't have many true friends. Most people in her high school assume she's a pretentious douchebag who thinks she's all that because she's on a TV show. Either that, or they think they should be her friend without even knowing the first thing about her. Because a 'famous' friend will surely buy them stuff, or at least give them a big Instagram following. That's one of the reason's she'd rather be in Atlanta rather that Los Angeles.

Then, finally, she thinks of Chandler.

Of how happy she is because of him. Of how her feelings have been underneath the surface for so long. Of how happy she is whenever he kisses her, whether they're on set or not. Of how nicely their hands fit together. But then she thinks of how much she cherishes their friendship. Of how she never, ever wants to lose that.

And then, she remembers how confused she actually is. So, she gets up off the ground, picks up her phone, and texts him.

syd 💛:
can we talk??
i wanna ask you something, and i think it should be in person

dummy💓:
sure
i'll be over in ten

Sydney sighed as she read his texts, before jumping up and looking at herself. Does she look presentable? Does her hair look okay? She looks down at her dark blue, floral crop top and her black jeans, before stopping herself from freaking out, knowing it doesn't matter at all. She's just trying to ocupate herself while he doesn't show.

So, as she walks outside to wait for him, she thinks of what she's gonna say, what she's gonna ask, but when she sees him, it all basically just goes out the window. Her hands are shaking, so she balls them into fists by her sides, urging them to stop as she walks up to him. She had a full speech ready, filled with 'I don't want to ruin this''s, 'I care so much about you''s, and 'I don't know what to do''s, but as she walks up to him, the first thing she does is grab his face with both her hands and smash her lips to his.

He hesitates before wrapping his hands around her, pulling her close to him as she cups his jaw. "Hey." She says breathlessly, after they pull away.

"Hey... Nice to know you're not mad at me." He whispers, making her chuckle.

"Why would I be mad at you?" She asks, a confused frown taking its place on her face.

"Your text..." He trails off, making her silently curse herself, guilty at the fact that he thought there was something wrong.

"Could've worded that better." She mutters, a smile breaking out on his face.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks, her expression faltering slightly.

Sydney grabs his hand. "Can we walk around for a while, I feel like Axl's gonna burst out the door any minute." She chuckles, a slight nervousness to her tone. He nods.

So, for a couple minutes, they walk around her block in silence, hand in hand, before she finally starts talking. "What is this?" She asks, making his head snap to her.

"What?" Chandler asks, confused at her sudden outburst.

"This." She repeats herself, lifting up their intertwined hands. "What are we?"

He stops in his tracks but doesn't speak up for a little while. "I don't know." Chandler concludes. "I know I like you. I know I'm not just your friend... But, I don't think either of us needs a relationship right now." He says, voicing her exact thoughts.

He had just come out of a relationship, and she was afraid of one.

She nods, muttering a small 'yeah'. "So, what is this? Are we just an undefined grey space of feelings?" She mutters, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she runs her hands through her hair, smiling up at him.

"Yeah, I don't think you can put that as a relationship status on Facebook." He jokes, making her laugh. "So, what? No labels?" He asks, the blonde frowning.

"Yeah, I guess." She shrugs, feeling a weight lift off her shoulders.

"Do I still get to kiss you?" He asks, making her roll her eyes.

"Yes. Do I still get to be sappy all over social media?" Sydney questions, raising an eyebrow, making Chandler laugh.

"Yes." He smiles.

"Good to know."