I didn't even notice the nonexistent pain. The burning had stopped completely. Her face had made me forget everything, even the darkness that was now overtaken by the light that radiated from her body. I didn't even recognize the gown that wrapped around her body. The material looked more elegant than silk or satin, the color brighter than snow.

But then I realized, I was still in darkness. Although the light illuminated my mother, the darkness was still stronger. It still surrounded me, giving me that empty feeling although my mom stood before me.

Mom broke my reverie with her gentle voice. "Don't worry sweetie, it'll be all over soon, you will return where you belong"

"W-what do you mean 'where I belong'?" Her words scared me a little.

"Its not your time just yet Arielle, there is so much out there that needs you"

No, I can't-" I began to protest but she spoke again.

"I was marked for death, nothing can change that. Your destiny continues on Arielle, and now you have to fight alone. It takes strength to move on, and I grant that for you. Forget me and you live the live fate has chosen for you"

Her eyes were fierce as they pierced through me. I felt the warmth of her hand leave my face and tightly grips my hand. I was surprised when I saw a single tear roll down her cheek. Her lips lifted into a grimace.

"I can't," my voice cracked. "I can't let you go, you're all I have."

"You can't rely on me anymore, my time is up." She shook her head slowly as if she was getting rid of a thought. "Please Arielle, you can do this."

Her voice broke with emotion. More tears streamed down her cheeks. The grip on my hand tightened as she squeezed her eyes shut. Her breathing hitched and the light around her faded a little.

"Remember," she started, her voice rough. "Don't let fate tear you from the ones you love"

Her eyes opened and burned right through me. I was sure my breathing had stopped at the frightening look she gave me. Those Hazel eyes had now became dark, as if black. This side of her was never revealed to me, but now that I've witnessed it, I want it gone.

I blinked when her hand loosened around mine, and soon vanished. Her face softened although that look never left her eyes.

"And that necklace, keep it with you forever. No matter what, never remove it." Mom trailed her finger across the spot where the necklace should be.

The light slowly seemed to be further away. Her face seemed faint, like it wasn't there anymore. I began to panic. She was leaving, and I would wake up from this world. Even though she didn't tell me, I was sure that it was happening now.

Her body traveled away with the light. A small smile appeared on her face. She didn't seem hesitate as she drifted away, blowing me kiss. The warmth that spread through my body signaled that this was almost over. In just a few moments I would wake up somewhere and live my life on, without her by my side.

I heard a slight whoosh and her hair brushed across her ever fading face. "We shall see each other soon, Arielle"

The light vanished into the wind and I was once again left in darkness. Everything around me felt like it was all going under. It felt as if I was falling through darkness, again. I couldn't feel the wind rush past my face or the sound of the earth crumbling, but the way my body sunk as I fell reminded me of the dream. The dream of that devilish woman.

I wanted to fight through this darkness, to fight myself awake, but my body wouldn't move. All it did was fall through darkness that never started or ended. Why couldn't I just wake up, why isn't this easy? Why was I falling?