Chapter 1: LIKE I WOULD

I'm Max but everybody calls me Mutt, everybody but my "parent". Notice the quotation marks. She's not really my parent, from what I was told, I came from a prostitute who put me up for adoption. Now I live in a three bedroom house with my "mom" and four "siblings".

I shared a room with Kenosha, my "sister", only because I'm gay though. The boys didn't want to be anywhere near me. I was like toxic to them or something. The eldest, Marcus, didn't really say much to me or even look my way but he did leave the room whenever I came into the room. Adrian, the second youngest, was a bit more of a dick about it. He talked shit and hit me whenever he got the chance. And last but not least, the one just a year older than me, Xavier, he followed behind Adrian all the time so he would push me around too. I couldn't do much about it either, I was a weakling.

I sat in on the stool in the bar, looking straight at the man on the other side. He was just staring at his empty cup that used to be full of alcohol. He reminded me of a troubled husband or something. He looked like he just got in trouble with his wife and now he's sitting at a bar wondering why the hell he's still with the bitch. I could almost laugh.

It was funny to me.

"Hey, bartender." I call out to the woman who was busy cleaning some glasses.

She made her way over to me and smiled, "What's up youngin?"

"Send Mezcal Lajita tequila to the guy with the leather jacket." I told her, putting the money on the table.

She winked at me, took the money and did as told.

Whoever the guy was needed it, I could tell. I got up from the bar and headed outside. I took the cigarette pack I had in my jacket pocket out and took a cigarette out. I lit it with my lighter and went on my way.

The city I lived in wasn't as big as most but it was a pretty decent size with a pretty decent population. Right in the heart of North Carolina.

When I got home it was later than I had planned. The walk took longer than I expected. All the lights were off, meaning that everyone was in bed. As I made my way through the house, I noticed that not all of the lights were off like I thought. The bathroom light was on and the door was wide open.

I rolled my eyes and headed over to it. It had to be Xavier who left the light on, he never turned the lights off. Just as I turned the light off, I felt someone behind me.

"You had mama worried sick, Mutt." Kenosha said, crossing her arms.

Never mind me telling her that she almost gave me a heart attack. I just chuckled softly and walked passed her towards our room.

"Mutt, I'm serious. Go tell her you're back so she can stop worrying." Kenosha said.

"She'll find out I'm fine in the morning but right now, I'm tired so goodnight." I said, taking off my shirt and throwing it in the corner of the room.

"Don't throw your clothes on the floor." Kenosha picked up my shirt and placed it in the hamper.

I smiled at her and got in my bed.

Kenosha was the only one I actually liked in this world. She was always there for me, well her and my "mom" but I didn't really pay attention to that crazy woman. She was too crazy for me.

The next day, I sat in on the edge of the empty pool along with Kenosha. We always sat here so we could talk alone since no one came to the back yard.

"Mrs Miller asks about you all the time, it's kind of annoying." Kenosha admits, flicking the cigarette into the pool.

"I bet. That lady is just nosey, fuck her."

Kenosha laughed, "I think she's just being nice y'know."

"No one's ever nice, they always want something out of it." I stated.

"Yeah, alright Hank."

"Hank?"

"Marvin's Room."

I look at Kenosha, confused before I finally understand why she called me Hank. I just quoted something from a movie without knowing. I laughed at myself for not noticing as soon as it came out of my mouth.

"Oh yeah. I didn't mean to do that." I told her.

She looked at me, not believing a word I said.

"Yeah right." She playfully rolled her eyes before standing up, "I'm gonna head back inside. I gotta finish my project."

I nodded and stood up, following her inside the house. I wanted to tell her that she wouldn't have to do a school project if she just dropped out like me but she'll most likely give me an unwanted lecture. So, I walked outside and took a seat on the chair on the porch.

My neighborhood was pretty nice. Boring but nice. I guess you could call it the suburbs. Everyone's grass was cleanly cut, the house's were nice, and we just so happened to be the only non white family (excluding me).

I crossed my legs and grabbed my phone from out of my pocket. I was bored and my contact list was full of people who could entertain me. I smiled, pressing my thumb on the name "Oscar".

Oscar was a middle aged black guy who lived in the ghetto. He was a fucking loser but he had a big dick so I couldn't complain.

Hey, are you home? I texted him.

Yeah. U want something? He texted almost instantly.

Yeah, I'll be over in a few.

I stuffed my phone back in my pocket and headed back in the house to get my car keys. I retrieved them from the key bowl and then walked outside to my car.

Now, I didn't have a nice 2016 Kia Optima like my mom, or a 2016 Ford Taurus like Kenosha but my car was pretty nice. I had a 2007 Chevy Malibu. I kept it clean like I had just brought it yesterday. And it was funny because I didn't clean up after myself in the house but when it came to my car, I treated it like it was my child.

I drove all the way to Oscar's apartment. His was on the second floor, which I hated. That meant that I had to walk up stairs and I was really lazy. I got out of the car and instantly locked my car.

"Hey Mutt!" A familiar voice called.

Sitting on the end of the steps surrounded by his friends was the one and only, Jermaine Wilkins. I smiled at him and made my way over to him.

"Let me holla at you." He said, standing up. I followed behind him as he walked away from his goons.

He lead me to his door before stopping and looking around.

"You came here to see that fool upstairs, huh?" He asked.

"Oscar? Yeah." I answered.

Jermaine rolled his eyes and let out a light chuckle. See, Jermaine thought Oscar was a loser just like me. I could see why. Oscar was the type of man to stand at a bus stop just to flirt with the underaged girls.

"What I tell you about that old fool. Fuck him, you got me." He smirked in a sexy way.

I guess I forgot to mention that I fucked with Jermaine on the low too.

I smiled at him once again and crossed my arms, "Yeah well, he's waiting for me right now so I'll talk to you later."

I started to walk away when Jermaine pulled me back.

"Nah, come here. He can't fuck you like I do ." He opened his apartment door and lead me inside.

"Strip." He demanded, taking off his shirt.

•••
SO, THIS IS MY SECOND BOOK ON WATTPAD. THIS ONE WILL PROBABLY BE A BIT MORE INTENSE THAN THE ONE SO IF THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE THEN BY ALL MEANS DON'T READ THIS STORY. BUT IF NOT, PLEASE CONTINUE TO READ IT. THERE WILL BE SLOW UPDATES BECAUSE I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY LATELY.

Word count: 1391