Mixed Messages

Well. When I thought of picking another video for Toby, I instantly chopped to this one. The video didn't remind me of Toby, but it depicts the fleeting moments and the dread I can see Toby experiencing when murdering people. Not to mention the horror displayed in it was just... perfect. Lol. Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsD_HBut-Ds&index=6&list=PLcHEo97sdA_LEi4QTWLOyYPD-6RDX4Jra

Anime: Shinsekai no Yori. Never watched it, but supposedly, there's some boy-on-boy and girl-on-girl action that goes on in this anime. Lol.

*******

Once everyone was settled down and Sally was put to bed, Toby finally arrived to the top floor of the mansion. The stairs creaked with each step he took and the walls seemed to bounce a silent scream, but each sound was a familiar echo, the high pitched moan reminding him of how long he'd lived there. He wasn't the type to just waltz in Slenderman's office once he was home though. No. Not at all. He was taught better than that, not to mention he had to mentally prepare himself for what might happen inside.

Slenderman had a habit of throwing things when he was angry...

Once he reached the door, Toby took in a deep breath and shakily brushed off the dust on his sweater. He was sure that he looked like normal. He was wearing his clothes as if it were a normal day, but in the inside, he felt different. It was mostly the pills doing its work, something Toby didn't want Slenderman to find out about. If his boss ever caught wind of it, he would probably tell him to stop using them immediately. Either that or he would dispose of them himself.

Toby cleared his throat once he opened the door, the atmosphere around his figure grim and calculating. "Excuse me," Toby murmured before closing the door behind him.

Toby brought his attention to the center of the room, his boss sitting leisurely against his chair, exhausted. Slenderman's white hands were folded on his lap and his head was limply pressed against the headrest, his back conforming to the soft ridges of his chair in his contemplative state. Though Toby never payed much mind to it in the beginning, Slenderman was a very expressive person. And now that he was under the influence of the pills, he noticed that he was able to focus on these features, the expressions of when Slenderman was deemed 'unemotional'. Ever since he started to take the pills, he began to notice the small quirks his boss had. Even the body language that seemed to blend underneath his ADD.

Toby stepped forward with his hands in his pockets, his steps heavy as he held the pill bottle tightly.

"I've returned with news about Offenderman's acquaintance," Toby said with a sigh.

Slenderman raised his hand to silence the teen before he continued. The faceless being was in deep concentration and he looked somewhat troubled sitting in his chair.

One moment, Slenderman thought, those words easily picked up by the teen.

Allowing the faceless man to regain his composure, Toby's eyes traveled from the man's face to the scene outside the window. He could sense an ominous presence from where he stood, the sensation foreign to him as the scenery outside seemed to glitch. It was almost similar to Slenderman's, except it was thick, making his breath heavy.

"I'm assuming you're reinforcing the Wall, right?" Toby spoke up. The room was thick with silence.

Slenderman nodded. That I am.

Toby could almost hear the exhaustion behind his words, so much that it hurt. It was part of his job that he took over Slenderman's' basic needs. That involved protecting the mansion, killing those who wandered in their grounds, taking care of Sally, and taking over any chores that needed to be done. But this time, the exhaustion Slenderman was experiencing couldn't be helped. Even so, he still felt useless and powerless to help Slenderman.