Chapter 2

Mackenzie's POV

Shawn and Mia were already at our lunch table when I got there.

"How much trouble do you think I would be in if I re-choreographed my solo?" I asked them.

"A lot, especially with a new teacher," Mia said.

"I wouldn't even think about it," Shawn added.

I knew that they were both going to say that but I still wanted to hear it. The thing was I was still seriously thinking about it. Honestly I was embarrassed to go out and perform this number. It wouldn't even win 8 and under let along my own category of Teen Elite.

"On a different note, have you finished our Calculus?" Shawn asked.

"Aren't you a nerd?" Mia said and punched him lightly.

I handed him my sheet and he started comparing his answers. This is what we often do. We would both do the work and if we had different answers then we would argue about it until we decided who was right.

"How did you get this answer?" Shawn asked.

I swapped seats so that I was sitting beside him and grabbed my pencil and started showing him my working. Mia rolled her eyes and continued eating. Shawn quickly realised his mistake and we proved that my answer was right.

"I seriously don't know why I'm friends with you two," Mia teased.

I rolled my eyes and Shawn just laughed. Mia had said this numerous times and we both just ignored it. Don't get me wrong, Mia isn't stupid, but she doesn't keep up with me and Shawn.

I stood in the empty studio and had the song to my solo running. I wasn't dancing full out, I was just marking it. I decided that I was going to redo this dance. I had about twenty ideas running through my head. There were so many options especially since it was in the open category there weren't as many restrictions.

Chloe had also calmly informed me that we were the only ones in the teen age group for 14 and 15. I was the youngest on the team so that wasn't surprising that most of them were in the older age group.

I liked to tumble so I had a few acrobatic passes in the dance and a large amount of jazz dancing because the song lending it to that. We didn't have rehearsal for another hour so no one else was here. Kate knew that I was here but she thought that I was just running through it.

In the hour I had got most of the dance organised. Kate called us into the main studio and we started practicing a group routine that we would practice and then stick in the cupboard and probably forget about.

I was sick of this. I was stuck in the back and Kate didn't care what I was good at and my skills, just as long as I didn't slow down the group. Skylar was from the studio so Kate knew him so he was more in the dance than I was.

Superstar is the best studio in the state and I don't want to leave because Miss Kate is a really good teacher and she clearly knows what she is talking about.

"I hope that you have all practiced your solos," she said.

We all nodded and she started running them. I was third and I could see Chloe laughing in the corner. I made sure that I was performing Kate's dance so that she wouldn't yell at me before the competition.

"I have decided that we are going to have a group number," she said once Ellie had finished.

Chloe smiled because she knew that it was going to be in this number and she was the star in it.