Chapter XIX • For This Time

/Bea/

The party was just a typical party, for me. Without a special thing lang, ganon. Or, I should say that I am just being out of place by all of them...all of these party goers.

"Bea, are you having fun?" Tita Margo asked me, while making her way to me. So, I managed to change my mood immediately, and I just smiled at her.

"Um. Yes tita, I am having so much fun..." But actually, obviously, unquestionably, admittedly and honestly, NOT. I'm so bored na... My dad and my kuya was with the other men across my table and my mom was with her kumares on the other side. In other words, I'm aloneY. Of course, I am not that friendly to approach some guests on this party, and make some friends. I'm definitely, too shy to do that creepy thing...

"That's good Bea..." Then she just smiled at me, and after non she set her back on me na. Nagsisi pa tuloy ako, dapat pala sinabi kong, I'm so bored na talaga... Wala naman kasi akong magawa dito, kundi mag-drink lang ng mag-drink. Trying different liquors, experiencing different flavors. 12am narin kasi, and 9pm pa kami nag-arribe dito...so definitely, I'm sleepy and NOT obviously drunk na.

"Ow Bea, may gusto nga pala kong ipakilala sayo..." She added, nung pagkaharap niya palang sakin.

"Um. Sino naman yun, tita?" I asked her with my creased forehead. Wala naman kasi talaga akong idea kung sino yun, diba?

I placed my drink on the table then I just looked at my tita with my question marked face.

"Wait, I'll just call her nalang. Okay?" Then she walked through a group of ladies near my table.

I hope this lady will save me from this deep boredom. And also, I hope that she's the one who will approach me first so that, it's not that difficult for me to start a conversation with her, drunk narin kasi ako. I'm on a good condition naman to talk, but I don't think parin...hehe.

I could see here in my place, that tita Margo was having chitchats with those ladies. Then after that, she grabbed a hand from those ladies then she turned to walk again through me.

"Bea, hija. This is my goddaughter, Sabrina..."

Then I stand after nung intro ni tita Margo, then that Sabrina stepped forward and stand beside tita Margo, for me to see her face clearly...

SILENCE.

Gahhddd. That Sabrina was splendid...she's like an angel. I know it sounds, really funny but base on what I can see right now...she really looks like an angel...sheshh. I can't change my focus now...

"Hi Bea!" Then Sabrina offered her hand to me, for a handshake.

Her smile was like a sweet view for my eyes. She's...really beautiful...Gosh, I'm like lutang na talaga. And just staring at her face can makes you stopped, and admire her for awhile.

"Bea?" Then she tapped my shoulder, in a playful way. Omy...

Shish. Lutang na nga talaga ako...nakakahiya na tuloy sakanya...di ko narin pala namalayan na umalis na si tita Margo sa harap namin. I felt that my cheeks got warmed. And also, I know that she noticed that. And goshh, grabe nakakahiya na talaga...and ngayon lang talaga ako nahiya ng ganito.

"Ow. I'm so sorry Sabrina..." Then I grabbed her hand immediately for a friendly handshake, para bawe lang yung kahihiyan. Then after non, I just smiled at her again to hide my rosy cheeks because of shyness.

"Can I sit with you?" She asked me while smiling. Gosh, how can I refuse with this lady?

"O-of course, you can Sabrina..." I'm so nervous na talaga...and alam kong halata yon sa actions ko ngayon.