She had always been able to handle crazy, handle insanity, but this was too much for her. This wasn't fun or exhilarating, this was terror and horror and destruction. Pure, absolute destruction. 

Hot, salty tears rolled down her cheeks, but her throat screamed with the sobs she was holding back. She was beginning to find it difficult to see through her tear blurred vision, and was brought back to reality when a trembling hand reached up, cupping her cheek. The person in her arms tilted her head down, making her look at them.

"J - James," she breathed, her eyes falling upon the beaten and battered face of her current boyfriend. Blood was matted in the curly, brown hair she adored so much. His right eye was swollen, a purple hue beginning to paint his skin. She released a shaky breath, her eyes scanning his features as she ran her shaking fingers along his cheek. Her fingers were paint brushes, leaving traces of crimson along his pale skin.

Wasn't it only minutes ago that the two of them were on a date? It only felt like it was seconds since his arms were wrapped around her waist, and she was running her slim fingers through his hair. How did this happen? What had changed in only a few moments?

She pressed the edge of a cigarette in between her lips, only to soon pull it away and release a slow, drawn out drag. She watched as the smoke billowed up, swirling around her. An arm wound itself around her waist, the boy beside her pulling her into his chest. She giggled, running her fingers through the bouncy brown curls of his hair. A few stray strands had fallen in front of his eyes, and he smiled as she pushed them back affectionately. 

The boy in front of her stared at her with the uttermost adoration and dedication. He was so inexorably in the love with the girl in front of her, and anyone within a twenty five mile radius could see that. Then again, who couldn't be in love with her? She was illusive and mysterious and gorgeous. Even with her silky black hair tied into a knot behind her head and in a pair of sweats, she was still breathtakingly stunning. At least, she was to him. And she was beautiful on all standards. She had silky black hair, and a smile crafted by the gods themselves. She also held herself in an air of confidence, proud of her Korean heritage. 

Her beautiful features weren't the only things that drew boys and girls alike in, it was the air of rebellion that hung around her. She was the type of girl that parents warned their kids about. Boys were told not to date her, girls were told not to befriend her. She was the type of girl who was more focused on drugs and partying and having a good time rather than her reputation. Everyone told her that her actions would eventually bite her in the ass, but at least she wouldn't have any regrets. At least she wouldn't look back at her teenage years and consider it her wasted youth. 

Her fingers, once toying around with her cigarette, soon dropped it. The heel of her boot pressed into the spark, the fire dying out on the ground. Slowly, she snaked her arms around his neck, and leaned in close. Her boyfriend, James, tipped his head forward, and allowed his forehead to press against hers. A content hum escaped her, and she watched a smile blossomed on his face.

She had a feeling that James's parents loathed her in every sense. Their perfect son, on his way to being  valedictorian, having his light extinguished by the plague of her own making. James was the first person to think that they couldn't fix her, but the person who, in a sense, was using her, and she knew as much. He was looking for adventure and for something exciting, and she was the only one who could give it to him. Despite knowing this, she still let herself fall, even though she still remained misunderstood. Although, he made her happy. James made her smile and James made her feel special, and she wasn't quite ready to let that go yet. 

She tilted her head up ever so slightly, allowing her lips to press against his. The music from the party taking place beyond in the building still shook the ground beneath her feet, and she knew that this was no where near a romantic scene, but she didn't care. Parties were the place to do these things at.