16.

"That was cool with you, right?" Derrek asked me when I got out of the pool to join him by the fridge while he made our drinks.

No. "Yeah, totally." I told him.

"Good." Derrek said giving me a smile. "I'm glad you like him. I always hate how he isn't included in anything. He is a nice guy, it just doesn't make sense." He said handing me my drink.

I took a long swig, loving the coconut rum he added. "You know," I said. "You're a really nice guy too."

Derrek leaned over and kissed me quickly on the cheek right as Garrett walked into the backyard. I glanced at him, but then was distracted by his body. How on earth have I gotten myself in this situation? I looked from Garrett, back to Derrek and had to have another deep sip of my drink. Both of them should be bathing suit models or something. They are both so lean and gorgeous, it isn't fair to the rest of the male population.

"So what are you guys up to?" Garrett asked when he joined us. I could feel that he kept looking at me, but I tried to remain disinterested, without seeming rude either.

"Cade and I were just reminiscing on the good times back in California, and how we missed the beach so we decided to have a swim date." Derrek said coolly as he mixed Garrett a drink as well.

"A date?" Garrett asked surprised.

"Not a date-date. Just like, hanging out." I clarified even though I wasn't sure why it mattered if he thought this was a real date or not.

Derrek smacked me on the shoulder. "Harsh." He laughed. "Way to break my heart, Cade."

"Oh my gosh." I said sarcastically. "I am getting back in the pool." I finished my drink and then walked back out to the pool area.

"Show us another canon ball, Cade!" Derrek shouted. I turned to flip him the bird and then I did a swan dive into the deep end. "Oh, ok!" I heard Derrek laughing. "She's classy too." Both Garrett and Derrek sat up at the table for a while longer talking while I floated on my back.

I tried to drown out everything else and just pretend that I really was back home, floating in my own pool, not a care in the world.

It didn't take long for me to start to feel the effects of that drink. I'm not usually a heavy drinker, but I had gotten so flustered by Garrett's presence here that I had gotten a little tipsier than I planned. This is why I don't drink, especially not such heavy liquor.

I'm a lightweight.

I had actually started to giggle at myself and had to stop floating. When I waded over to the shallower end I noticed that the boys were gone. I got nervous instantly. I hate the feeling you get when you know someone is about to try to scare you. I couldn't do anything but just smile like an idiot and look around trying to guess when and where it was going to happen. I figured my best bet was to swim out to the middle of the pool so they couldn't take me by surprise, but that didn't help at all.

I heard the screaming as they came running out from behind the pool house with giant water guns in their hands. They came out blasting me straight in the face. We were all laughing as I tried to hurriedly get out of the pool and run into the house. Derrek jumped in front of the door before I could get inside so I figured my best bet was to try to take his gun from him.

I lunged at him but he turned his back to me just in time to keep me from nabbing it. I jumped on his back piggy back style and tried reaching around him to grab it from that angle, but he just kept shooting me in the face. "That's never going to work girly!" Derrek taunted me.