Chapter 2

Spectre's POV

"Spectre! Wake up!!! Please!"

What? I opened my eyes only to see (Y/N) on tops of me, shaking my shoulders, teary eyed and shaking.

I lifted my arms and held her forearms, letting her know I was awake. She got off of me and off the bed.

At first, I had no idea what was happening but then I heard it. The alarm.

'Fuck!'

We were under attack, how the CDP found our base, I have no idea. All I knew is that I had to get (Y/N) out if here and kill these bastards.

I jolted up and started putting my armor on, adjusting my helmet in the process.

"W-whats happening?"

"Get dressed and get ready to run."

I walked over to my weapons closet and pulled out my assault rifle, I restocked on ammo and grabbed my secondary gun.

"Spectre! What's going on?!" (Y/N) started crying harder, pulling on her shoes while I checked the sight on my guns.

"We're under attack. Just do as I said and get ready to move."

She nodded and finished lacing up her boots. I headed for the door and waited until she was right behind me. Before I opened the door, I grabbed her shoulders and looks her right in the eye, not that she could see.

"Listen to me (Y/N), we're gonna be moving fast. No matter what I need you to stay right on my heels. Don't get distracted, don't wonder around, and don't make a sound!"

I handed her a small handgun, she looked up at me in fear and shock.

"Don't shoot anyone wearing blue. Shoot those wearing orange, those are the enemies."

She shakily nodded, grasping the pistol firmly. I nodded and grabbed my assault rifle, before opening the door. I checked both ends of the hall, when it was clear, I started leading (Y/N) to where her father was.

We ran into some enemies but nothing too major. We got to the safe zone and (Y/N) immediately started looking for her father. When she couldn't find him, she started freaking out.

Battery walked up to us and told me what had happened to her father.

'Mother of god... now? He's the strongest In this damned facility'

She told (Y/N) and immediately... she broke down. Falling to her knees and crying into her hands.

Battery gave us a sympathetic look before heading off to battle. I walked up to (Y/N) and helped her stand up. We walked to where her father was being treated for his wounds... I knew he wouldn't make it.

"(Y-Y/N)?"

"Daddy!"

She ran up to him and held his hand, tears staining her porcelain face.

"I'm n-not gonna m-make it..."

"Don't say that! T-they can help you... you'll be fine... please..."

I just stood there, no emotion shown anywhere on my face.

"(Y/N)..."

He placed his hand on (Y/N)'s cheek, forcing a smile. He turned his attention to me, determination shown in his eyes.

"S-spectre... I want y-you to take care o-of her... keep her s-safe... c-can you do t-that?"

I nodded and grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, pulling her up to her feet. I let her say goodbye to her father for the last time before pulling her out of the tent. We headed for the mothership, it was going to take us someplace isolated.

Someplace safe...

~~~~Time skip~~~~

Once we got to the safe zone, (Y/N) fell to the floor, crying her eyes out. I... I wanted to comfort her and I wanted to tell her it would all be ok but... my mind wouldn't let me.

It's not like me to care for others... I've seen so much death and have seen too many lives lost, many were my friends. I've seen so much that my mind won't let me care for others because... I'm scared to lose them.

I just watched her cry. I didn't move, didn't speak, I don't even think I was breathing. Eventually she calmed down and I could tell she was tired. I picked her and carried her towards her room and placed her on the bed, tucking her in.

As I left the room I headed for my own, once I got there I undressed. It would feel good to take my helmet off for once in a few days.

As I took my helmet off and let my hair fall in my face, I rubbed the back of my neck and groaned.

'God it feels good to get that thing off'

I looked in the mirror, staring into my own blue eyes. I ran my hand through my dark hair before plopping down on the bed, letting out a groan in the process. My thoughts drifted to (Y/N)... I feel bad for her but I don't know what to do about it...

I sighed and pulled the blankets up to my neck and slowly drifted off to sleep.

A/N

Hey guys! I'm sorry if this chapter sucked! I've had writers block and I've been spending a few days on this so I'm sorry if it's terrible. Hoped u liked it. Another chapter souls be up in about a week or so. Thanks for reading this crap! Bu bye!