I Love You

Chapter Two

I Love You

 “Bentley!” I heard Mandy call so I push myself off of the bed and headed out the door to see her standing in the hallway.

Her smile disappeared when she looked at me. “Bent?” she said cautiously. “What are you wearing?” she asked eyeing me up and down. Glancing down I looked at my loss blue shirt and jeans.  Looking up at her I pushed my glasses on my face.

“Clothes,” I said with a confused look on my face.

“No, no you are not wearing that, what else do you have?” she asked pushing past me into my room, as she pasted me I got the smell of peaches.

Watching as she rummaged throw my clothes making noise as she did and then turn to me with an annoyed look on her face.

“I am so taking you shopping tomorrow!” she told me, placing one hand on her hip. “But, for right now you can borrow something of mine,” she said and my small smile disappeared and I groaned.

Smiling she grabbed me by my wrist dragging me out of my room and into hers. Then plopping me down on her bed she disappeared into her closet full of colors.

          “Awe,” she finally said after 10 minutes and tossing me a purple, floral, knee high, spaghetti strapped dress.

          “Hell no!” I exclaimed, eyeing the dress.

          “You have no choice,” she said with a smile and I obeyed going to her bathroom and changing.

          “Here,” she said as I came out in the dress, she was pointing toward a stool in front of her. Not even bothering to argue, because it would be useless, I sat down on it.

          Running a brush threw my hair she pulled it back in a pony tail. Then, pulling my glass off my face she held them up and looked at them, “Hmm,” she was tapping her chin while a smile grew on her face. “Do you actually need them?” she asked holding them up to her eyes.

          “Not really,” I said as I shook my head.

          “Good,” she said folding the up and stuffing them in a drawer.

          “Put these on!” she demanded walking to her closet and came back handing me a pair of black 3” heels.

          “No-”I began but, she held up her thin hand to silence me.

          After I slipped the heels onto my feet and stood up Mandy said, “Look in the mirror.” Obeying I did and my jaw dropped.

          I actually looked almost pretty, and I could not believe it. Smiling I hugged Mand. Pulling away with a smile she placed her left hand on my shoulder.

          “You look fab-u-lous!” her smile stretched from ear to ear and revealing her perfect teeth.

          “Thanks, Mand.”

          “Come on! Let’s hit the town,” she called as she grabbed my arm and pulled me down the stairs and out the door with her.

          The sun lingered in the sky as it crept closer to the mountains in the distance and you could already see the moon floating in the sky. So my guess would be that it was about six o’clock. Keeping my eyes on the ground watching for anything waiting to trip me, I walk across the dirt gravel road to the black Chevy Avalanche.