"Let me have a look at your foot. Luckily for you, I'm a surgical intern at Seattle Grace." Courtney smiled and crouched down in front of the brunette, taking a look at her foot. The woman's foot was already swollen and had a purple-black color. "Can you wiggle your toes?" She did, but let out a hiss.

"Is it supposed to hurt when I do that?"

Courtney shook her head, "Your foot might be broken like you said, but I don't know for sure. You need to get to the hospital and take some x-rays. I'll drive you if you don't mind."

"Thanks, really. I'm Ivory Simmons by the way, thought you should know." Ivory introduced herself, while Courtney was helping her get up. With Courtney's arm wrapped around Ivory's waist, holding her up, they started slowly walking – Ivory was jumping – towards the parking space, which was still quite far away.

"Courtney Grey." They shared a smile. "Maybe you should get on my back? That might be easier for you, since you're already out of breath."

"Yeah, good idea. Why didn't I think of that?" Getting Ivory on Courtney's back was a lot harder than they had originally thought. For some reason, they had some troubles and Ivory kept sliding off of the blonde's back, hurting her foot even more. After a few more tries and laughs, Ivory was finally on Courtney's back. "So, you're gonna be a surgeon? That's pretty cool. When I was young, I wanted to be a doctor as well, but honestly I'm not really smart enough to be one. Also, it's too much responsibility I feel like."

"My mother was a surgeon, so I grew up in that environment." Courtney sighed, when she saw her black Toyota in the distance. She fastened her pace, wanting to bring Ivory to the hospital as fast as possible. "You're right about the responsibility though. It's still surreal to know that someone's life is in your hand. If you make a mistake, that's on you. What do you do?"

"I'm an elementary teacher at the West Seattle Elementary school. I've always had a soft spot for kids, so a teacher seemed like the perfect job for me." Ivory answered as she was lowered into the passenger seat. She let out a hiss when her foot bumped against something and Courtney quickly apologized. She shut Ivory's door and rushed to the driver's side. The blonde sat down and turned on the ignition, before driving off of the parking and towards the hospital. "Can I ask you something, Courtney?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" She said with her eyes focused on the road before them.

"Why did you help me?" Ivory fell silent for a couple of seconds. "You could've just left me there in the park or pretend like you didn't hear me? A majority of people would've done that, so why didn't you?"

"It's the right thing to do. If we don't help people in need, then what will be left of humanity as times goes on? Nothing. If you reversed the roles, I would've been devastated if some stranger in the park – who saw that I'm in need of help – would just turn their back on me. Plus, I'm also going to be a surgeon in the very near future, so it would kind of be a bad sign if I didn't help a person in need." The two women chuckled at the last sentence.

The rest of the car ride, the two of them started to get to know each other better. Even though they had just met, the both of them already felt a connection that would last forever. Courtney liked the feeling of possibly having someone to count on outside of Seattle Grace Hospital. She needed someone with whom she could talk about the troubles, drama that she faced daily. She needed someone that wasn't tainted by the hospital atmosphere. "We're almost there. It's only five more minutes away. How's the pain?" Courtney suddenly asked.

"On a scale from 0 to 10? An 11." The brunette groaned, closing her eyes. "I think you might be right about it being broken and all. When I was twelve, I broke my arm when ice skating and I can vividly remember that it hurt this much. Dear god, I feel like I'm dying over here."