The Invitation

Anthony's POV
It was two weeks after I came up with the great plan to safe my sister from some pervert and everything was set in motion. Lydia had talked to Colby and he had agreed to play his part. He visited the house as a friend of mine, so my parents already knew him. Lydia had several girl-talks with our mother. From the look in her face I figured Lydia had told her about having a crush on the boy, even before my sister informed me that she had done so. My grandfather was still here, which made my life easier and my father little more of an alcoholic day by day. Mother and grandfather had planed a huge garden party - it was a setup for Lydia to meet guys of cause, but officially she didn't know it was. So up until now everything was going according to plan. Time for the big show - because we still had to trick father (and grandfather if possible).

Colby's POV:
I had never met a man that was as rich, or as intimidating as Lydia's father. That was until today, when I was introduced to her grandfather.

It happened right after school. We - which included Lydia as well as Jess, Anthony and myself - were driving over to the estate.

"Remember you guys it has to be convincing. If they suspect just the smallest lie we are f***ed.", Lydia began for what felt like the hundreds time. I wanted to reach for her hand to comfort her, but stopped myself right in time. Not yet - not while Anthony was nice to me for a chance.

"Relax - everything will be fine.", Anthony said, but didn't look convinced himself.

When we finally entered the house we made quite some noise, just to be sure everyone was aware of our presence.

"I don't know what would have happened if you wouldn't have been there. You are my hero.", Julia began our act, when we entered the kitchen. She pretended not to notice her parents right there and gave me a big hug.

"I just did what everyone would have done.", I answered as rehearsed. She smiled at me and her father got up.

"What is going on? What happened?", he demanded to know. Dang his kids knew him well - Anthony had predicted exactly this reaction at that point of the conversation.

"Some guy in school tried feel Lydia up and wouldn't stop even though she said 'no'. Colby here stepped in before he could try any more funny business. The other dude wouldn't back off, so our friend here punched him. He didn't do much else after that.", Anthony answered, clapping me on the back in a friendly manner.

The room suddenly got really quite - which surprised me because there were all of us, both of Lydias parents, her grandfather and two bodyguards in here. Lydias father got really red in the face.

"What?", he asked taking a slow step towards us. Then he moved really fast, crossing the kitchen towards us. He reached out and I thought he was going for me. I was so terrified I could move, so I simply duck my head. But instead of me he grabbed Anthony roughly.

"Where the hell were you, when this occurred?", he bellowed shaking hie son. That was the moment I realized in what kind of dangerous people I was dealing with - or at least I thought so at the time.

"Still in class. I had PE before and wasn't done changing, Sir.", Anthony answered and I had to admire him. He did not crack easy under pressure.

"It wasn't his fault dad. He can't watch me 24/7 - he has school too you know.", Lydia said in her most darling voice. Her father stared at her.

"Thats right ... he can't be there to protect you all the time. From now on the bodyguards will come to school with you again. And give me the name of the scumbag who tried to ... I will have him killed and I am gonna hurt him so bad before that not even his mother is going to recognize him.", he said in a dangerously low voice.

Ok, this whole situation just got way out of hand - he couldn't mean that for real, could he? The looks on Lydias and Anthonys faces told a different story.

Before I had any time to completely freak out though the grandfather started to speak.

"Let go of the boy. You are scaring our guests by saying things like that - my son is joking by the way.", he said a big smile plastered on his old face. Was he though - joking I mean? It was hard to tell so I gave the man the benefit of the doubt. The father let go of Anthonys arm and the old man got up from his seat.

Even though old and smiling he had an aura of power surrounding him and I suddenly decided never to make him angry. He reached out and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Well done boy. Why don't you join us for a little garden party this weekend and bring a friend while your at it.", he invited - that was faster than expected. I nodded and said:

"I would be honored, Sir"