003 𝐄𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒

INIQUITY.
CHAPTER THREE

ENVIOUS

     THE OTHER SIDE WAS BORING. JULIANA HAD NEVER FELT SO HELPLESS IN HER LIFE. Day by day, she watched her little brother fall apart, turning towards drugs to help ease the pain. Day by day, she watched Jenna cry silently to herself at night when everyone was already asleep, or looking through various family albums. Day by day, she watched her best friend break down randomly at times when she was alone, staring at the collage of pictures that she had on the wall of her room. Day by day, Juliana's heart was filled with nothing but hatred and revenge against her sister.

   Two months after passing away, Juliana read the piece of paper she had picked up from the room. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she slowly read Elena's hand writing, squinting at the scratched out words, and the ink that had been smeared by tears. The words only made Juliana grow curious. And her curiosity had lead her to Elena's most deepest, darkest secret.

It happened during one summer afternoon when Elena had gone out to the mall with Bonnie in hopes to cheer the brunette up. Juliana had burst into the room, immediately searching every corner of the room for the stupid green journal Elena wrote in. Her curiosity had been burning inside her for days, but she wasn't going to lurk through Elena's journal while she was present. Sure she was dead and Elena couldn't see her, but Juliana thought it was best when Elena wasn't around.

Once Juliana had found the green journal under the mattress, she sat her self on the floor with the journal in her hands. She felt guilty, for she intruding on Elena's private thoughts and feelings, but she was literally on the verge of going insane. She needed to know what exactly Elena was talking about in that crumbled up piece of paper that lived in Juliana's back pocket of her jeans. Inhaling, Juliana reached for the piece of paper, unfolding it.

     I didn't mean it. I swear, I didn't. It was never my intention to-

The words had been simply cut off, a unfinished thought that wasn't written down. It was an unfinished thought that had Juliana curious.

     Maybe it was my intention. Maybe I did mean it. Maybe I was tired of being her shadow, tired of being called and known as "Juliana's sister". Maybe it is better that she is dead and buried six feet under the ground. Maybe I don't regret what I did. I don't. I don't regret it. I deserve to live. She deserved to die.

Juliana exhaled, her gaze slowly taking in all the words that were written down. Her heart felt like it was breaking into millions of little pieces. She felt like she was dying over again. Her eyes suddenly began to water up, her chest feeling tight as she read over the words once more. Juliana turned the paper over, the words that were scribbled on it making her sob.

Juliana Gilbert deserved to die.

That seemed to be the last straw for her. Tears fell down her cheeks as she dropped the paper to the ground, a feeling of denial instantly coming up. Elena couldn't have possibly wrote this. She was too good, too pure, too kind hearted. This was not the Elena she knew. Juliana knew all too well that Elena wouldn't be capable of writing this about her. Not after all Juliana had done to her. Wiping her tears away, Juliana reached out for her sister's green journal, immediately opening it up a random entry.

Dear Diary,

     Juliana, Juliana, Juliana. Juliana this, Juliana that. Oh look at what Juliana accomplished. Good for you Juliana. Elena, look at what Juliana did. Why can't you be like Juliana, Elena?

I can't honestly express how much I despise Juliana. I resent her whole existence. I resent her a lot. Sometimes I wished she was dead, sometimes I wished she never existed. Maybe life would be better. I wouldn't have to walk in her shadow. I would be my own person. But by the looks of it, that won't be happening anytime soon.

Juliana furrowed her eyebrows as she read each word. She skipped through a few entries, stopping the page to read Elena's thoughts.

Dear Diary,

     It happened today. It always happens. A cute boy had come up to talk to me today. And you know what he asked me for? Juliana's phone number. My smile had simply vanished and I glared at him. It's always Julian. Always.

Why can't it be about me for once?

Dear Diary,

     The urge to kill my sister has been running through my mind lately. I'm scared. What if I really do it? What if I actually killed her? All because I'm envious of her? No, it's more than just some sibling rivalry. I know it. I hate her with all my being. I hate her, I hate her, I hate her. I hate Juliana Ebony Gilbert and I mean it with all my heart. I wish she was dead.

Dear Diary,

     All I wish in life is for Juliana to die. Is it that much to ask for? I think not.

Dear Diary,

     I killed her. I actually did it. I killed Juliana Ebony Gilbert. I feel guilty, but I also feel relieved. I drowned her while I was still conscious. I gave her a good kick to the head. She was so close to escaping, to having been alive, but I did it. And it didn't take much either. She was already in need of oxygen.

I'd like to think that I didn't kill her. I just sent her to a better place. A place where she will forever remain, and I would no longer have to deal with her. To me, she no longer exists. There was and has never been a Juliana. I don't have a twin sister.

Juliana Gilbert is dead to me.

Juliana read through a few more entries from Elena's journals, her heart no longer feeling like it was breaking in pieces. Elena didn't deserve her sympathy. This wasn't the regular sibling jealousy. Sibling jealousy didn't end in death. Yet here she was. Juliana chuckled darkly as she read the previous entry. Her heart felt hollow, one that was soon replaced by anger and vengeance.

The door of the room had suddenly opened up, a certain brunette femal walking in with three shopping bags in her hands. Juliana stared her down, a harsh glare adoring her features as she looked at the monster before her. A monster that killed her for something so childish. If anyone deserved to to be buried six feet under the ground six feet under, it was Elena.

Elena, you envious little bitch.

| authors note
BAAAAAM! SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN FAM! IM SO EXCITED
UNEDITED 

- bella