Selene's Back Story

Many readers wonder why Selene is the way she is. Well I decided to give Selene her own chapter to explain it. Hopefully this clears up everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Selene's P.O.V.

"I'm sorry that I can't help her. I'm a very powerful witch and I should be able to wake her up, but when I try it feels like I'm being blocked. Almost as if there is a cement wall in front of me. I'm sorry that I can't do anything for her. I know that we don't have the best past, but I'm really trying to prove myself here. I only want to help in any way that I can."

After pouring my heart out to Nick my mate bursts in, taking my sympathetic gesture for something more. He throws Nick into the wall, growling and snapping at him.

Nick says through clenched teeth, "I don't want your mate. I have a beautiful mate that loves me and is carrying my pups. She is unconscious and I'm worried for her health. If you don't let me go you will be laying in the bed next to her, fighting for your life. Brother trust me when I say it was not a threat but a promise."

Trying not to say that he outright hates me or that he wants to kill his brother right now.I'm worried for my mate so I decide to whisper, "Johnny calm down, I only want you. Let your brother go so he can be with his mate, just like you wanna be with me right now."

My words relax him and he comes by my side to hold me. We decide to leave Nick and his mate alone. As I'm walking with my mate I can't help but think that I have to prove myself to Nick. I think of my terrible past and that gives me the idea to show him my past, but only after Jaz wakes up. They have to see it together along with my mate. Maybe this will help them understand why I am the way I am.

Thinking about my past makes me miss my family. I love my mate don't get me wrong, but my family kept me together when all I wanted to do was fall apart. If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't be here with my mate right now. Thinking of him I smile and hold onto him tighter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been about a month and a half and Jaz still isn't awake. Jonathan has been trying to prove himself to me ever since that day in the pack hospital. I love him and all, but this is getting ridiculous. He doesn't need to prove himself to me anymore I've accepted him since the day we met.

Speaking of the devil he walks in our room, but before he can speak I cut him off. "Jonathan baby you don't have to prove yourself to me anymore. I've been yours since the first time I laid eyes on you. You may still have to prove yourself to Nick and Jaz, but not me."

He smiles at me and hugs me. After a nice silence he says, "You've just made me the happiest guy in the world. I'm glad that you're still by my side, even after I acted like such an ass." He plants a kiss on my lips that leaves me breathless, then grabs my hand and gestures for me to follow him.

We walk in the pack hospital holding hands, Jonathan beaming proudly grateful that I forgave him. Once he looks at Nick silently crying over his mate he let's my hand go and walks over to console his brother.

Nick shrugs him away not wanting to be bothered. "Brother you can't keep ignoring me. I admit that I was too blinded by jealousy and rage that I wasn't thinking clearly. I've apologized to you over and over again, I don't know what more I can do to show you how sorry I am."

"There's nothing you or anyone else can do. My mate is laying there. She can't move and no-one can explain why. I sit here by her side everyday being so close to her yet so far away. I see all those happy people in my pack happy with their mates and I couldn't be more jealous. I should be happy that they are happy and in love, but it only makes me realize that my mate is laying here helpless. I don't want to talk, I don't care if you're sorry, and I don't care to hear anything you have to say. You have your mate with you even after being a dumb ass. Can you imagine your mate laying where mine is helpless?"