A Box of Amethyst

A/N: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! It belongs to Kazuki Takahashi. Please enjoy.
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
The rain poured and tapped furiously against the clear umbrella as he walked. He was already a bit wet,but it wasn't too bad. It was surprising how much it rained today;the forecast didn't call for much weather habits but then again,you can meet really trust those.
Not a lot happened today. It was the hackneyed classes,then the usual pleasing arrival of his friends,then the not-so-pleasing arrival of Téa,who was desperately trying to get him to notice her,but to avail. He wasn't just wasn't interested. But,overall,it was a satisfying day. He was really looking forward to getting into a tub full of soothing hot water and climbing into the warm,comfortable bed. The best part was:it was Fall Break.

His name was Yami Atemu. He attended Domino High in Japan and had a fair amount of friends,so he wasn't actually upset with his social life. Even though he lived in a quiet neighborhood,he still was content with his lifestyle. Nothing really big happens to him - he thought - ever since his parents died.

Oh,how Ra works.

Just as Yami turned the corner,he noticed a metal-looking box on his lawn. He gritted his teeth;he hated when people did this. Leaving random junk on his property was one of his biggest pet peeves.
But he couldn't address the issue in a manner of anger. He calmly approached the box,closing the umbrella and allowing himself to get wet. Finding the key to the front door,he opened it and held it open with his foot. He picked up the box and grunted slightly as he carried it inside.

"Just what in the world is this?" Yami asked to no one in particular as he now stared at the box. He sat on his knees in the living room. Yami just didn't know what to do. It looked odd from every angle and it gave off a strange scent of lavender and pomegranate mixed with rain. Clearly something not to blindly fiddle with.
But the curiosity got the better of him. Reaching out a shaky index finger to the box,he poked it and pulled his finger back as it made a sound similar to a swoon. Then the box opened and there lay something unbelievable.

A small and delicate Amethyst sat in the box,all alone as it glowed faintly.